X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

1068 For Music

I currently have a Cambridge Audio Azur 640c Cd player connected to my 1068/1075 combo via analogue connections and through the CD bypass. As I understand it, the 1068 should have no influence on the music. Since I bought the Rotel combination my preferences for watching movies has wained and I listen to music more frequently. For this reason I have been thinking about running a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated or an A5cr pre amp. I plan to demo these units but a 3000km trip is required for me to do this. So before I jump on a plane I was hoping for some input/opinions/experience.

I am now thinking that the 1068 might be pretty good at 2 channel but as this is the first reasonable hifi setup that i have listened to, I have nothing to compare to. I want to integrate the upgrade into my existing setup. I have fpur options:

1. Get the A5cr for AUD$4000 and use this with my 1075 and get the largest improvement for 2 channel preamplification. I cannot afford one of these and a power amp

2. Get the A5 integrated for AUD$4000 and maybe get an all round improvement in preamplification and dynamic headroom

3. Stick with the 1068/1075 combo and maybe get a 2 channel power amp for more grunt to the front (4ohm, 90db@1w@1m, 200wrms) like an RB 1080 or RB 1090

4. Keep thing status quo

I particularly like classical music. my volume is on 80 which is my reference level (75db) for movies and I play music at around volume 75-80. I know that the key is to listen for myself which I will do if I decide to buy one of the above, but I would value some opinions to see whether the 3000km trip is necessary. I'm not an audiophile but I would like to experience music as best as possible within my budget. Having said that, I don't want to spend $4000 to get a 1.5% increase in sq.
  • Kobus
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by tomm
    I'm not an audiophile but I would like to experience music as best as possible within my budget.
    You will travel 3000km ..............and you think you are not an audiophile.

WELCOME

Regards

Kobus

Comment

• grit
      • Jan 2005

LOL! He's gotta point. Better accept it Tomm!

Comment

• tomm
        • Oct 2005

hey i love all this stuff and am really lookng forward to the trip, it's just that i don't have a set of golden ears.

can anyone help me? my listening levels as tested with a sound meter are about 90db with 108db spikes. i am sitting 3 metres from the speakers. any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"