X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

RSP 1068 Break in ?

I have just received my new 1068 processor from the dealer after sending back the first one due to faults.

I have set the processor up with my newly purchased Energy Connoiseurr 5.1 speakers, and a Sony TAN 9000es amp.

What I have heard from my setup, so far, has been pretty impressive but I hear that things improve as the processor breaks in.

Assuming this break in period actually does exist, can anyone tell me roughly how many hours it takes?

Also does break in time apply to speakers?

Thanks Pete
  • Cracking Oboe
    • May 2004

Whether or not "break-in" applies to electronics is a hottly debated subject. :a> :f> IMHO my RSP 1068 did not require a very long period to break in. (I failed to notice much change at all... not like my Rotel CD player who's break in was more obvious and took much, much longer.) I feel that break in applies even more to speakers than electronics. Some speaker manufacturers may suggest up to 100 hours to fully sound their best. So if those Energy's of yours are still young, just wait until you get 50 hours on them! In the mean-time, enjoy your 1068, I know I enjoy mine!

Cheers,

Cracking!

Comment

• Bostonears
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Cracking Oboe
      Whether or not "break-in" applies to electronics is a hottly debated subject. :a> :f>
      Whether or not the effect is real, there is no harm in letting electronics break in. In the case of the 1068, just shut off your power amp and let the 1068 run non-stop for three or four days. (Use an actual input signal, such as FM radio or a cable TV music channel.)

By the way, I didn't really notice any difference when breaking in my 1068, but... (WARNING!: another hotly debated topic) I noticed a huge difference when breaking in my interconnect cables (Kimber Hero).

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Don't shut off the amp... keep it running and "break-in" your new Energy speakers as well as that's a good part of "break-in."

Normally though I say give yourself about 2 to 3 weeks of using it about an hour or so a day and it'll "grow on ya."

...and enjoy the ride as you keep saying to yourself...wow, I like this more than I did last week.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"