X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • henny5750
    • Oct 2005

New Member.. My Rotel setup

Hi there.

i'm new to this forum, all the way from small Denmark, My Rotel gear is nothing compared to many of you, however i love the sound and power.
    As you can see it's only the RSX 972 and RCD 965BX, although i have great plans one thing is missing... money!!!, well all good things come to those who wait... right??

Just a small upgrade in cables, linn black rca between cd and avr. Also new speakercables, wen't from dali blue wave to audioquest indigo+.

Now that was a great upgrade....

much more smooth sounding and dynamic, the clarity also went up a step.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by henny5750; 24 May 2006, 19:57 Wednesday.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Welcome to Club Rotel henny5750, you're still part of the same club no matter what Rotel gear you own.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Marlboroman
      • Aug 2005

RCD-965!!!!!! DROOL . That was one sweet sounding CD player.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Welcome!

Comment

• henny5750
          • Oct 2005

Thanks malboroman, It still is a very good sounding player.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Hey, we are all Rotel Fanboys here... so one should never be "ashamed" of their gear.

Take pride!!!

Sounds like a good setup and as long as you like it, nothing else matters!
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• lvhung
              • Jun 2005

Rotel is a good choice
              I am get sick of some others so called hi end names like Bryston or Krell
              for some stupid idiots think that more
              expensive more sound quality

Comment

• Boombox
                • Oct 2005

2x RB1070 attacking Paradigm Studio 100s

I'm also new to the forum and must say..."Rotel or bust"...
                Ivhung is motivating me to ask this question. I am currently driving Boston VR2 (bi-wired @ 4ohm) with RC1070/RB1070 pair with Boston PV500 sub using the secong line-level outs of the pre-amp. It KILLS!!
                I want to get a "real wood" speaker and was thinking of getting the Paradigm Studio 100s (rated @ 210W & 91db sensitivity) and another RB1070. the Paradigm dealer swears that the Rotels won't be able drive these speakers even in bridged mode (380W @ 8ohm)...and neither would the RB1080!! I'm unwilling to change amp brands and I DON'T believe him...!! He recommends much more expensive brands (5000 - 8000 US$ bracket). These obviously don't fit my budget.
                Any advice...??
                Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• henny5750
                  • Oct 2005

Hi boombox.

Well unleess the speakers goes down under 3-4 ohm's, i don't think that you will have any problems with the Paradigm Studio 100s.
                  My own Mission 765i goes down to about 4 ohm and the sesitivity is 85db, and i have no problem playing at high volume.

Comment

• Boombox
                    • Oct 2005

Hey henny5750
                    Thought I'll also add in my kit. There are some with some serious equipment. Here's mine.

I guess I'll stick to what most female mags say (...size don't matter...). However, here, I guess size DOES matter.
                    Attached Files
                    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• PewterTA
                      • Nov 2004

Tell your dealer that you're going to bring in your amp to try it on the Studio 100s. And watch the amp easily drive them. Is the 1070 the best amp for them...probably not...but will it get destroyed besides the other "higher priced and better amps?" Nope. Infact the only real place you'll notice a real difference is if you crank it up to ear bleeding levels.... (or try to anyways).

Now if you like rotel, I'd say the 1080, 1095, 1090, or 1077 amps will all probably sound a bit better with the 100s...especially the 1077.
                      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                      -Dan

Comment

• Azeke
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2003

Mr. Boombox,

I would definitely step up from the RB-1070 as previously stated, to at least the RB-1080, which I currently own, driving Mirage OM-7 speakers 200w@6ohms and 91db sensitivity. I have no problem driving these speakers at low or ear bleeding volumes. Although, sometimes I must confess, I wish I had the RB-1090 instead, but that is probably the "upgraditis syndrome".

On that note, it seems the dealer is trying to "upgrade unnecessarily". It all boils down to price/perfomance ratio, your budget, and your personal listening habits/taste . I am perfectly happy with my RB-1080 and RMB-1095, not to say, that I wouldn't try something else though 8) .

Can you say RMB-1077 digital amp ?

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• oaqm
                          • Feb 2006

I ....
                          Last edited by oaqm; 25 December 2006, 11:38 Monday.

Comment

• ovewik
                            • Feb 2006

Hi. I am new here to!. My gear is RSX 1065 RDV 1050. And Audio Pro speakers .
                            Cables from nordost.Blessings from Norway.

Comment

• Alaric
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006

Studio 100 w/RB-1070(s)

Boombox,if you bridge a pair of RB-1070's to drive two Studio 100s you should have no problem with a power shortage. My local (favorite) audio shop sells Rotel and Paradigm.I've heard the Studio 100s driven by a RB-1080 and there was more than enough juice to make them work. Granted , a bazillion watts MIGHT work better than 3/4 of a bazillion watts in some cases, but most of us have to look at return per dollar of investment. PewterTA hit the nail on the head-take your amp to the dealer and hook that puppy up to the Paradigms. I'll bet you can get an unreasonable level of sound pressure from 'em-loud enough to be too much for the average living room. Better yet , find a dealer that will work to get you what YOU want to achieve , instead of trying to use "creative" selling tactics. Good Luck! :T
                              Last edited by Alaric; 13 February 2006, 18:31 Monday. Reason: forgot to add who I was responding to!
                              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                              Schiit Modi 3
                              Marantz CD5005
                              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"