X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Leap of faith

I recently added an RB-1090 to the mix. I have allways been 80% music, and 20% movies, dtv. I have moved to a mix of tubed front end gear for 2 channel, and ss for surround, and am not ready to take the digital or tubed amp plunge just yet. I have had an RB-1080 for about 8 mos and it has been everything I could have wanted in a 2 channel amp, so I figured the 1090 would be the same, only more of it. I had felt that way with the Klipsch RF 3's, and the 7's were quite similar, only much more of it. The 1090 has a more air to it at lower volumes, but when I get the RSP-1068 up to around 68 on the volume control, it pounds, bar nothing. At low to moderate volume from 8 ft. away it gets the drivers moving to where I can feel the pressure like I never had with the 1080. Just had some time to kill so I figured I would throw this into the mix with all the "digital amp" publicity of late.
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

Awesome. I have always admired that amp. I currently have the 1080 as well. Is the retail getting any lower on the 1090 with the new digital amps coming out?

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

It's retail will drop to 'clearance'.. Rumors are that the 1090 will be dropped once they get the bugs worked out of their 500w digital amps. I believe they actually brought the 1090 back into production due to the problems with their digital monsters..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"