X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • talannar
    • Oct 2005

Rotel 1067 being replaced?

I went in to my local AV store and discovered that they were selling the 1067 receiver on clearance for about 30% off. Is Rotel coming out with a new receiver to replace the 1067?
    Bill
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I haven't seen any information on new models, nor have I seen a dealer release saying that they are going away. Most likely that the 1067 isn't a big seller (most people get a 1056+1075 combo for the same money), and the dealer is trying to lighten their inventory a bit.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

I don't see why it doesn't sell well, it's a great sounding and 7 channel receiver. I like it alot. When I was upgrading to seperates, I considered owning the 1067 instead. Sweet receiver.

mantis

Comment

• talannar
        • Oct 2005

In what ways, other than the additional amp power, does the 1067 differ from the 1056? With the price they were offering, we're only talking a couple hundred bucks difference.

Further, how does the 1067 compare to the 1068 + amp?
        Bill

Comment

• mattburk
          • Feb 2003

If you need a tuner the 1067 is the way to go, great power.
          www.mycstone.com
          www.coverednow.com
          www.biarenton.com

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Don't get me wrong, it's a great receiver.. It's just that compared to what else you can get for the same money most people don't opt for the 1067 unless they have space restraints.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mtodde
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
              I haven't seen any information on new models, nor have I seen a dealer release saying that they are going away. Most likely that the 1067 isn't a big seller (most people get a 1056+1075 combo for the same money), and the dealer is trying to lighten their inventory a bit.

Kevin D.
              That's what I did...although I bought the 1056 in March and just bought the 1075...it was the easiest & least expensive way to edge into separates.

Comment

• pinoy_g35
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by mtodde
                That's what I did...although I bought the 1056 in March and just bought the 1075...it was the easiest & least expensive way to edge into separates.
                Can you please explain to me how this combo has a clear advantage over 1067? Can you 'add' wattage that you are now getting 195x5 (120+75) and 75x2 outputs instead of 1067's 7x100?

Comment

• Marlboroman
                  • Aug 2005

The advantage is that the RMB-1075 is a dedicated 5 channel amp that provides 125 watts per channel. When you add this to the RSX-1056 you can redirect the internal front amp channels of the 1056 to power center back speakers, for 7.1 system, or power another pair of speakers in a second zone. If you are only using the internal amp of the 1056 to power two channels then you get 100 watts x 2 which would match very well in a 7.1 system. The only problem is the amount of space that this takes, but if room is not a factor then you will get a much better system with this combination than with a RSX-1067, and probably not generate as much heat either :W

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2003

Hi,

Just a reminder - the Rotel USA pricing for their Recievers relative the the Processors is unusual - making processors and amps attractive and the RSX-1056 and RMB-1075 combo atractive (with the RSX-1056 often being cheaper than the RSP-1068 ). In other parts of the world it is not quite the same - the receivers cost well more than the processors - but less than the processor amp combo - so the RSX-1067 sells well in the UK and Ausralia etc....

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"