X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abba
    • Aug 2005

Rotel 1067 or Arcam AVR300

I have a rotel 1067 receiver and it has been suggested by several people that this receiver was not the right choice for my B&W n805, htm7, cdm snt, and velodyne sub. They are saying the Arcam AVR300 is the right choice to drive my speaker system. Saying that it has more power and a better match. What gives, is the 1067 enough, or as good as, or did I make a mistake with the 1067. I wanted a receiver not seperates. Any answeres would help to clear this up for me. By the way I have not listened to the Arcam AVR300 and I am happy with the 1067.
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

If you're happy that's all that matters. I can't see why the Arcam would drive the speakers better than the RSX-1067, they are both rated at 100W per channel. Not sure about Arcam but the realt figure on the Rotel is higher than that. I'd also say that the Rotel will be better for AV. Stereo would depend on your perferences but I prefer the Rotel sound over Arcam. I find that Rotel tends to have better timing and clarity but that Arcam has a little more details and is warmer (too warm for my taste).
    Dave

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

Who are these people making this suggestion? Salesmen? Guys who want to spend your money? I am a big fan of Arcam but you cannot beat the 1067 IMO. The Arcam has got a lot of great press lately which no doubt has contributed to the feeding frenzy for this receiver. What seems to have been forgotten is that earlier this year or maybe toward the end of last year, a British magazine did a comparison between the AVR 300 and the Rotel 1056 and liked the Rotel better! Course I have the 1056, though I bought it well before the review was published. :P

Comment

• Taito
        • Sep 2004

If you're happy, be happy . When I bought my Rotel RCD-1072, I also auditioned the Arcam CD73T. I simply liked the Rotel better. From here on up, it's all very subjective. I say go an watch a movie or put on some music (whatever is your thing) and remember why you bought the Rotel in the first place. Based on what I've been reading (I haven't actually heard either), the Arcam would probably end up being a step sideways, rather than a step up.

Cheers, Ben

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Taito
          Based on what I've been reading (I haven't actually heard either), the Arcam would probably end up being a step sideways, rather than a step up.
          Or perhaps a step back! I had the displeasure of auditioning the ARCAM FMJ series (with B&W's new 800 Series) which just happens to be their top of the line series. The sound was two-dimensional and way too laid back. I personally find the ARCAM series pre/pro and pow amplifiers grossly overated. Now, their cd/dvd players are commendable.

abba, Your RSX-1067 is perfectly suited to drive your system and for what its worth, better musically than any ARCAM receiver. :T
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• fordster
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
            Or perhaps a step back! I had the displeasure of auditioning the ARCAM FMJ series (with B&W's new 800 Series) which just happens to be their top of the line series. The sound was two-dimensional and way too laid back. I personally find the ARCAM series pre/pro and pow amplifiers grossly overated. Now, their cd/dvd players are commendable.

abba, Your RSX-1067 is perfectly suited to drive your system and for what its worth, better musically than any ARCAM receiver. :T
            Glad somebody else has said that. A while ago I listened to a "high end" Arcam pre/pro (AV8/P7 if I remember right) with some B&K speakers. This was when I was looking for a new DVD player and was demoing a DV79 which was connected to this system. I have to say I was not impressed and even my father in law didn't think it sounded as good (musically) as my RA-01/RCD-02 system!
            Dave

Comment

• gianni
              • Nov 2002

Originally posted by abba
              I have a rotel 1067 receiver and it has been suggested by several people that this receiver was not the right choice for my B&W n805, htm7, cdm snt, and velodyne sub. They are saying the Arcam AVR300 is the right choice to drive my speaker system. Saying that it has more power and a better match. What gives, is the 1067 enough, or as good as, or did I make a mistake with the 1067. I wanted a receiver not seperates. Any answeres would help to clear this up for me. By the way I have not listened to the Arcam AVR300 and I am happy with the 1067.
              I say FOOEY! The Arcam mat be different but that does not mean better. The 1067 is no slouch. To me, it would be a lateral move. If you want to significantly better the Rotel 1067 as far as sound quality, you will need to go to separates. Even then, the differences will be subtle rather than night and day.

Ask whoever is telling you that the Arcam is so superior to let you demo it at home in your system. Then decide for yourself. I'll bet changing is not worth the trouble.

Comment

• abba
                • Aug 2005

Thanks

I want to thank all who answered and gave honest opinions. I did have a chance to listen to the arcam avr 300 and to my ear I know I made the right choice for me. People that said the 300 was superior were on the club B&W one friend on mine that reviewed both the 1067 and bought the 300. ect.

Since I am new to the higher end of audio equiptment I started to doubt my own judgement. What I am starting to learn is the advise I received from all the great people that gave me advise,trust you own ear. But it doesn't hurt to have your own opion substantiated by other interested people.

Again Thank you, Abba

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"