X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeeBop
    • Oct 2003

RSDX-02

Does anybody know anything about the new RSDX-02 combo Receiver/DVD Player? The Rotel web site says it is supposed to be available this month, but the month is half over and there is still only the teaser on the web site.

Come on Rotel. How about sharing a little info with us or at least updating the availability date.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Let me see what I can find out

Comment

• BeeBop
      • Oct 2003

Much obliged. As you are probably aware, Sony has a couple of all-in-one players out nd discussions in various forums indicate that the direct digital link between the player and the (digital) processor results in much more detailed reproduction (none of that messy DAC stuff). As a Rotel owner (RX1050 receiver) who appreciates the quality of their processors, I am very interested to find out whether the RSDX-02 can provide the same sort of improvements.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

From what I was told this morning the RSDX 02 is a very simple to use basic CD/DVD-A player in a neat package. It lacks inputs and has rather simple bass management but it sounds rather nice (it is a Rotel afterall) and should suit those who aspire to something better then the typical all in one units form the likes of Sony and Pioneer etc.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Some more info on this unit...it should be in stores by the end of the month and will list for $1499

Comment

• BeeBop
            • Oct 2003

Much obliged. Would help if Rotel would put something up on their web site as well. Sorry to hear there are no inputs though.

Comment

• gd
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
              RSDX 02 . . . lacks inputs and has rather simple bass management but it sounds rather nice
              For Rotel's sake, I hope that info is erroneous... they've got existing competiton from NAD's dvd-receiver... with 3 aux inputs (including S-video)... and 6-ch input... and 2 digital in's, and 1 out... AND it goes for US$1000.

Can't believe Rotel would unleash a comparatively inflexible product with the NAD out there already.
              greg (gd to you)
              Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
              production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

It does seem strange that it lacks inputs but I think they were going to easy of use over flexibility. As for the price we'll see where it ends up once it hits dealers floors

Comment

• BeeBop
                  • Oct 2003

It does seem strange that it lacks inputs but I think they were going to easy of use over flexibility. As for the price we'll see where it ends up once it hits dealers floors
                  I wouldn't buy it. What if you have a SACD player you want to use?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

If you want to use SACD you're likely not the audience Rotel is aiming this product at.

Comment

• BeeBop
                      • Oct 2003

Which market would that be? The Bose speaker market?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Possibly given Bose's target audience but it would be an aweful shame to power bose speakers with a Rotel :roll:

Comment

• spiffnme
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gd
                          RSDX 02 . . . lacks inputs and has rather simple bass management but it sounds rather nice
                          For Rotel's sake, I hope that info is erroneous... they've got existing competiton from NAD's dvd-receiver... with 3 aux inputs (including S-video)... and 6-ch input... and 2 digital in's, and 1 out... AND it goes for US$1000.

Can't believe Rotel would unleash a comparatively inflexible product with the NAD out there already.
                          Have you heard the NAD all-in-one? I have. It sounded like complete poop. I mean surprisingly bad.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                          All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• gd
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by spiffnme
                            Have you heard the NAD all-in-one? I have. It sounded like complete poop. I mean surprisingly bad.
                            That's interesting... no I haven't heard that one, but 2 years ago I did hear its predecessor, a CD/receiver (forget the model #), and thought it sounded rather good through Gallo Micros... or at least it sounded worth its $700 asking price for an all-in-one... oh well, things change... sometimes it all just turns to - - - poop.

Frankly, rather than a convenience product like the RSDX-02, I'd rather see the Rotel boys put out a serious universal player with SACD and digital connects (even if they were Rotel-proprietary).
                            greg (gd to you)
                            Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                            production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• spiffnme
                              • Apr 2003

So would I.

If Rotel made a uni player that competed with the Denon 5900, I'd jump on it in a second.

Are you listening Rotel???

DVD-A, SACD, and DVI outputs = SALES

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                              All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• BeeBop
                                • Oct 2003

Sorry to keep harping on this but it is now December and the Rotel web site still does not have any info on this product and still says that it's coming in November. Andrew can Rotel provide any idea when we might be able to get a spec sheet or something?

Thanks!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

I'm expecting word from them on another topic so I'll asked then about the status of the new unit.

Comment

• BeeBop
                                    • Oct 2003

Any word Andrew?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Aug 2000

My contact emailed me to say he's in china at the moment so we'll have to wait a till he gets home or at least has some time to respond properly.

Comment

• Glenn
                                        • Jun 2003

BeeBop

Here's a little more RSDX-02 info for you ...

Comment

• ilko
                                          • Aug 2003

This was published on a Dutch hifi site (hear.nl):

The new RSDX-2 is presented as "the answer to consumers whose home cinema ambitions exceed the available space" and combines a DVD player, 5.1-channel surround processor, an AM/FM tuner and a 5x80W amp in one single component.

The supported surround modes are DD, DTS, Pro Logic II and DTS Neo:6. The player can handle DVD-video, DVD-audio, CD and MP3-CD. Digital JPEG sources on CD can also be viewed.

I think if you want serious home cinema Rotel expects you to just by separates....

Comment

• BeeBop
                                            • Oct 2003

Looks like a nice little machine. I guess sort of a 1055 with the player added. Glad to see they have inputs after all. Would be interesting to hear how it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"