X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickF
    • Apr 2005

Goodbye Rotel....

Hello somebody else.

Count me as another very dissatisfied 1080 owner who is now down to a single channel. Spoke with my dealer today and he says he'll let me trade the broken down 1080 on something worthwhile...not Rotel!

Bought it in February of this year and although it was good while it lasted I thought it would have worked out for the long haul but this will be the first and last Rotel gear I'll ever purchase again.

Sorry for being so harsh but I am not very happy at the moment.
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

Sorry to hear that. I am very happy with my 1080 but then I have never had a problem with it either. I can see how that would be very frustrating. If it happened to me once I would be very annoyed - if it happened twice I would be doing the same as you.
    Good luck with your future purchase.

Comment

• RickF
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kens1
      Sorry to hear that. I am very happy with my 1080 but then I have never had a problem with it either. I can see how that would be very frustrating. If it happened to me once I would be very annoyed - if it happened twice I would be doing the same as you.
      Good luck with your future purchase.
      Actually after a 'cool down' period and speaking with my dealer I may end up trading it in on an RB-1095. Frustrating? Very much!

Things are cool now though....especially on the 'right' side.

Comment

• lvhung
        • Jun 2005

So that Good bye 1080
        and say hello to 1095

Comment

• Kens1
          • Mar 2005

Even though I have thought about switching to other brands in the upgrade process I always find Rotel great value for the money and the sound is sweet to me. Also, who's to say other brands don't have their issues - just look on this web site.
          Congrats on the 1095!

Comment

• thyname
            • Jan 2005

Sorry to hear that Rick. I am afraid for my own 1080 as well, since I use Axiom speakers just like you, and also the trigger function. Probably, I should give up the convenience of using the trigger.

I would also suggest a "downgrade" to RB-1070. You will not loose much, and end up with some extra cash.

Comment

• RickF
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by thyname
              Sorry to hear that Rick. I am afraid for my own 1080 as well, since I use Axiom speakers just like you, and also the trigger function. Probably, I should give up the convenience of using the trigger.

I would also suggest a "downgrade" to RB-1070. You will not loose much, and end up with some extra cash.
              What's up Skerdi!

I didn't use the trigger and the amp was set on an open shelf so heat or the use of the trigger wasn't an issue, it just quit! I have noticed since day one that the left side was always warmer than the right side but was told this was no big deal, coincidence? I dunno.

I was going to add an RB-1095 eventually anyway so I'll probably go ahead and get it now, fortunately I am off of work today so I can get to my dealer early and see what we can come up with.

Now I've got to search the forum archives for information on the RB-1095!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"