what would the upsampling rate of rcd-1072 be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

what would the upsampling rate of rcd-1072 be?

Hi,
    I was wondering what the upsampling rate of rotel rcd-1072 be? is it 96Hz or 192hz ?

thanks.
  • SGT
    • Jul 2005

1072's dac utilizes OVERsampling method ("8 times"). It doesn't UPsample.
    Howewer, it's not clear what the frequency is - it's not written anywhere on their documentation which is a bit intriguing.
    Either way, at "8 times" oversampling, it should go well beyond 192kHz .

Very nice player - if you're lucky to get a properly done unit (with no trafo humm, servo skipping, hiss at high amp volume with no cd playing...). :evil:

Cheers,
    SGT

p.s. I put my money into AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000... And am not sorry a bit! :T

Comment

• audiofan
      • May 2004

Thanks. I haven't noticed anything wrong with my 1072. If it goes over 192hz, i'm really happy...

Is AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 tube cd player? where do you get it?

thanks.

Comment

• SGT
        • Jul 2005

Jusy not to get you misinformed, I'd recommend checking out this link on the subject of upsampling vs. oversampling methods in audio signal processing http://www.soundstage.com/gettingtec...ical200311.htm
        From what I've been through, it's the shortest yet still meaningfull text.
        For your "8 times" oversampling also check the righ side band (gold background) here http://www.aslgroup.com/dcs/upandover.htm
        If interested on upsampling, this is concise http://www.mlssa.com/pdf/Upsampling-theory-rev-2.pdf

Yes, AH!NT4000 is a vacuum tube cdp - but only at the output stage. I purchased basic version and a dac upsampler board 24/192 that pushed it even further in sound quality (you can opt for few other tweaks/upgrades and play with it - it comes with a torx screwdriver for easy top removal. If you're tweaking kind a person, this cdp has it all: tubes, opamps, upsampler, feet....!).
        There are only two places you can officially buy it: Holland and USA (and eBay, of course...). I got mine online from www.upscaleaudio.com in LA.

I'm glad your 1072 is a good one - I wasn't that lucky. Petty, I did like it, but like even more AH! (hey, I put my moneys in it, heh ) It has different, vinyl kind a character, especially with some non stock tubes...

Cheers,
        SGT

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"