X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMG
    • Oct 2004

My RCD-1072 is on the way . . .

WOO HOO! I finally decided to upgrade my old Yamaha 5 disc changer with the 1072. It will paired up with my RB-1080 and RC-1070. It should be arriving within a week or so.

It will be nice to have the 3 pieces match . . . oh . . . and the improved sound will be nice as well
  • Jamil
    • Dec 2003

Trust me you will not regret getting the 1072 especially paired with the other pieces. This CD player rocks! I have the same model and it seems that all my CD's have come out of their graves. My friends think I am crazy to have a dedicated CD player when I could have got a DVD player at less than half its price which can play anything under the sun (including MP3's etc). Now if they only appreciated music and know the difference between sound quality that last sentence would not be there

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

That's exactely the system I have, and I am more than happy with it! Enjoy it, and let us know your impressions!

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by NMG
        WOO HOO! I finally decided to upgrade my old Yamaha 5 disc changer with the 1072. It will paired up with my RB-1080 and RC-1070. It should be arriving within a week or so.

It will be nice to have the 3 pieces match . . . oh . . . and the improved sound will be nice as well

what are you going to use for DVDs?

Comment

• NMG
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Vancouver
          what are you going to use for DVDs?
          My music system is only 2 channel. When I get around to saving enough dough to go surround, then I'll upgrade my DVD player . . . LOL

Jamil and thyname, your comments are appreciated. I am very much looking forward to receiving the player and I'll be sure to post an update when it arrives!

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

NMG,

Congratulations, on your new purchase.

Keep us posted,

Azeke

Comment

• rnoble
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by NMG
              My music system is only 2 channel. When I get around to saving enough dough to go surround, then I'll upgrade my DVD player . . . LOL

Jamil and thyname, your comments are appreciated. I am very much looking forward to receiving the player and I'll be sure to post an update when it arrives!
              Good luck on the player, I am this close >< to buying one myself!

And don't rush towards a multi-channel system. A top quality 2ch system is worth its weight in gold and good quality full range speakers provide a pretty damned fine movie experience as well.

Comment

• grit
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by rnoble
                Good luck on the player, I am this close >< to buying one myself!

And don't rush towards a multi-channel system. A top quality 2ch system is worth its weight in gold and good quality full range speakers provide a pretty damned fine movie experience as well.
                Amen to that! If I had it to do over again, I'da rather sunk the money I spent into 5 speakers into 2 better speakers, and added center and surround later!

Comment

• NMG
                  • Oct 2004

Well she finally showed up yesterday I got it into my system and only had the opportunity to listen for about an hour, but the improvement from my old Yamaha was noticeable IMMEDIATELY!!!!

The clarity and soundstage depth were the first things that jumped out at me. Bass also seemed tighter and more prominent. I'm going to do some more serious listening in the next couple of days with some familiar sources and I'll post another update.

Based on my limited experience thusfar, I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THIS UPGRADE :T

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

Just wait till you get about 70 - 90 hours on the unit and then you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• jim777
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by rnoble
                      Another vote for that

And yes, the 1072 is unbeatable in it's price range.

Comment

• ironchef
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jim777
                        Another vote for that

And yes, the 1072 is unbeatable in it's price range.
                        Not only in it's price range, but even well above it. I listened to the 1072 back to back with a Naim CD5i (at twice the price), and wouldn't trade for it. It had some things on the Rotel (PRaT of course), but not the transparency and sweetness. An excellent player, I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"