X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hmoore
    • Oct 2005

Vintage Rotel amp

Is anyone familiar with the 913 amp? I'm looking for a vintage mid-fi integrated amp to power a pair of Polk Audio Ri100 speakers, does this sound like a reasonable combo? Music pleasure only, no HT.
  • 2bluechris
    • Oct 2005

Ra-913

the RA-913 is a model from around 30 years ago , so do try it to hear if it is working OK and do not pay too much money for it . I think it was a 60 watt per channel amp . In the 1970s Rotel was known for reliability and good power at fair price but they were not designed as "budget Audiophile" products then , hence it has no collecter value like 1970s era Marantz's .
    Rotel and Sansui and a few other brands were made well in the 70s and there are samples of then production still working today . They can be repaired by technicians who understand those types of circuits .
    I do not know much about Polk speakers except that they were popular in their price ranges , so , listen to that also and carefully inspect its condition , especially whether there is any cracks in the surround material around the edges of the speakers' cones . best wishes , Chris .

Comment

• hmoore
      • Oct 2005

Thanks, Chris!

I appreciate the feedback!

Comment

• 2bluechris
        • Oct 2005

Happy to

I had a look around after I posted . I cannot find existence of any Polk Ri100 , but I did find RTi100 , perhaps these are what you have ?
        If so , for these there are specifications listed on Polk's web-site and some useful comments amongst the "customer reviews" including how to get the best sound from their built-in subwoofers . There is a technical article about that from Polk also , which can be found by entering RTi100 in the "search" box .
        As RTi100 is a 90dB sensitivity speaker , any amp with at least 40watts per channel should give reasonable volume levels with those unless you have a very large listening room , hence the Rotel RA-913 should be sufficient . best wishes , Chris .

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"