X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nzl8dc
    • Oct 2005

Need help selecting Pre-pro for 1095 & Eleganza Towers

I'm new to the forum and Rotel, I just installed a Rotel 1095 amp and 5 M*Design Eleganza (4 ohm) speakers and Godfather Sub in my home.. using my 5 year old Denon 330 as Pre-Pro ... and want to upgrade the Denon to a separate Pre-pro such as 1068 or 1098...
    My question - it seems that both the Eleganza's and the 1095 are "warm" on high end, and am concerned that the whole setup right now is not very"bright" ... and worrried that getting a rotel Pre-pro would only make this more pronounced so that it truely becomes a problem??? (I'm thinking the 3300 does not help matters...) Does anyone have a setup or advice using the 1095 and an Arcam AVP 700, Anthem AVM 30 or Outlaw 990 - or something similar - ( including 1098 ) I'm looking for a really "Clear" sound... Thanks!
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Rotel RSP-1098... awesome when coupled with the RMB-1095.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• sarsi
      • Nov 2004

Yes, Rotel RSP-1098 ... awesome with RMB-1095. Check out the pictures thread you will noticed it is the most popular combo.

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

I'm going to 3d the motion. The 1098 deinitly has better linearity and therefore a more extended high end than the Denon 3300 which is very mid-forward.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• nzl8dc
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
          Rotel RSP-1098... awesome when coupled with the RMB-1095.
          Thanks for the feedback... does anyone have any experience with or info on +/- of the other pre-pro's? or specific feedback on why the 1098 is better than them?

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

One thing you will notice is the 1098 is that the surround sound coming from stuff is much better. You will definitely feel like you weren't listening to a surround sound system...there's that much information it brings out. That and it's very pin-point accurate on sounds that come from the surrounds. I can easily tell a point behind me where a sound is coming from (be whether a speaker is in that area or not). It images extremely well.

The Clarity of DD/DTS decoding is phenominal, I've re-watched a bunch of my movies (I do have a few you know, so I haven't gotten time to watch them all lol) and immediately noticed a difference and how much "bigger" everything sounds. The sound stage on it vs. the denon will be almost 2x bigger (from what I remember). It just seems like there's sounds coming from places that shouldn't be making a sound (whether infront of, or behind the speaker, or even left to right of the speaker). Definitely great for the price.

I also have to say that the 2ch sound from the 1098 is amazing (whether you are in bypass mode or not)...so if you listen to music it will do much better than the other ones (ESPECIALLY DENON -- 2ch is Denon's Demon).

Only downside is no HDMI for it....
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• Dan White
              • Sep 2005

I have both the 1098 and the 1095. I think its a great match up.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"