X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rich0372
    • Jul 2004

Parasound 2205at vs rotel rmb1095

I was comparing the parasound 2205at and the rotel 1095 they are the same $$ distortion is the same .03% damping factor is 1000 for parasound and 400 for rotel also the 2205at has 220 per channel vs 200 for rotel has any one compared these amps the warranty is better for the 2205 also 10 years for parts and 5 for labor vs rotel with a 5 year I've never heard parasound but I know I like rotel as I have a rmb1080 thanks for the input Rich
  • DrBoom
    • Dec 2003

In`ter`puncĀ“tion
    -The insertion of points between words or sentences; punctuation.
    You should try that sometime

I haven't heard the 1095, but I was told it sounds similar to the 1075 (but more powerful) which I have owned.
    I only had that one for 3 months, then I upgraded to the 2205AT which sounded more detailed, open, powerful, transparant and just better (to my ears).
    Specs don't necessarily mean anything, like the 1000 damping factor for the Parasound since I've heard tighter amps with only 200 damping factor.
    But still I found the Parasound way more controlled in the bass than my 1075 on my N804's.
    Definitely give the parasound a try, it's a different sound than Rotel, but you just might like it.

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by DrBoom
      In`ter`puncĀ“tion
      -The insertion of points between words or sentences; punctuation.
      You should try that sometime

I haven't heard the 1095, but I was told it sounds similar to the 1075 (but more powerful) which I have owned.
      I only had that one for 3 months, then I upgraded to the 2205AT which sounded more detailed, open, powerful, transparant and just better (to my ears).
      Specs don't necessarily mean anything, like the 1000 damping factor for the Parasound since I've heard tighter amps with only 200 damping factor.
      But still I found the Parasound way more controlled in the bass than my 1075 on my N804's.
      Definitely give the parasound a try, it's a different sound than Rotel, but you just might like it.
      Your really comparing two totally different amps when it comes to the 1075 vs 2205AT. The specs tell alot about these amps and you missed out on a few.

Rotel vs Parasound

Transformer:
      1.5kVa vs 2kVa

Capacitance:
      80,000 vs 150,000

Output Transistors:
      20 vs 40

These specs create the character of the amp and determine how well they will perform, especially if driving low ohmn speakers and/or at high volumes. Rich, your best bet is too try and demo both at home, otherwise I don't think you'll be disappointed in either one.

ht_addict

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

You can normally get a 2205 for three to four hundred less than a 1095 on the used market too!

Comment

• Elmac
          • Apr 2004

Hello Rich,
          How is your 1080 and do you like the way it sounds for HT.
          Is it clean sounding amp for mid volume music
          THX for info
          Elmac
          All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• rich0372
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Elmac
            Hello Rich,
            How is your 1080 and do you like the way it sounds for HT.
            Is it clean sounding amp for mid volume music
            THX for info
            I have to say the 1080 sounds very clean and bass output is exellent I have noticed increased detail over my receiver alone
            As with HT it is only a 2 channel but I definety noticed a difference Its funny but this amp sounds better at higher volumes if that makes any sense Rich

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"