X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orange Peel
    • Nov 2004

Rotel RB-1050, any good?

Has anyone used the RB-1050 for say a 2nd zone amplifier? I have a pair of bedroom speakers I want to power, I used to run a HK amp for them and sold it.

I can't seem to find what the usual price is for that amp, anyone know?

Thanks!!
    Scott Goldsmith
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I've used one on a set of B&W WM3 outdoor speakers and it jammed pretty good. Retail on the amp is $399. Being on the low end of the price scale, don't expect too much of a discount..

BTW, there's a pricelist sheet under the 'Useful threads and info' sticky at the top of the forum.

Kevin D.

Comment

• chrispy35
      • Feb 2004

I use one in my bedroom with an RC-972, RCD-951 and JBL L20T bookshelf speakers...I have no issues with the quality or quantity of the sound.

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Hey Scott

Nice to see you pop in for a change.

I use a 1050 to power two outdoor Polk M3 speakers for my zone 2. It does an excellent job.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Orange Peel
          • Nov 2004

Sweet, thanks for the info guys, I will try to find one now

Jerry - Thanks buddy, I miss this group, I get side tracked sometimes and forget to visit the HT boards And I find I spend less money on my HT when I stay away haha Can you maybe email me and let me know what you got yours for and if you can get me a deal, etc?

scott@platinumhometheater.com

Thanks Jerry!!
          Scott Goldsmith

Comment

• Mark_C.
            • Jan 2003

I use an RB-1050 for Zone 2 as well. It powers a set of Paradigm Stylus speakers I have out on my backyard deck. It does a great job cranking those speakers, and the soundstage is quite remarkable for such small speakers.

Comment

• Pez
              • May 2004

My friend uses a 1050 to power his B&W 705's. Sounds very nice. I think he paid about $250 used for it.

Comment

• Dallasdave
                • Apr 2005

Powers my outdoor speakers (zone 2), no complaints here!! A little pricey if this is all your going to buy.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"