X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tominizer
    • Aug 2003

Three Rotel 991 with buzz *sigh*

With no source, my three 991's have buzz through the speakers. I hate buzz. It's such a pain in the butt to fix some times. I already tried a new circuit but don't think it's that as the amps have their own circuit straight to the panel. Their also on a TICE high current line conditioner. I think that "maybe" the RCA's are picking up noise possibly off the power cables from the amps ?!?!??!?! Also going to try new RCA's. A bit of a let down .............. I hate setting up only to find issues, when the old setup had none. :cry:

Any thoughts............ ideas?!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

When the new circuit was installed was it put on the same side of the panel as the circuit that's supplying power to the other devices?

Comment

• tominizer
      • Aug 2003

I thought of that too and the answer is no. BUT, I switched everything over to the same side to test it out and still the same. When the amps are connected to the pre-amp = buzz. When the RCA's are disconnected from the pre-amp but still connected to the amp = buzz. When the RCA's are disconnected from the amp, dead quiet. When the RCA's are changed and the above testing process repeated, the same results. When the TICE taken out of the loop, same results.

When the third prong disconnected on the power cable, get's a bit better but still not dead quiet with no source connected.

When I run an extension cable from the outlet on the panel through the room to the Pre-pro and one amp to do the same above testing, still same result.

I believe it's some sort of grounding issue. But I don't know where to go now. I have one more set of RCA's to try.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Since its buzzing when the RCA's are only connected to the amp and no other gear it sounds more like an issue with the amps not grounding themselves properly...but I've no idea on what to do next :?

Comment

• tominizer
          • Aug 2003

Yeah.......... just weird that it's all three since they were bought at different times and places. Oh well..................... I'll figure it out somehow.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"