X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Locutus2k
    • May 2004

1098 Bass Management: Please HELP

I know that there are many threads on this argument, but please i need a CLEAR response to one question:
    I would like to have a FULL RANGE front speakers with the ADDICTION of a subwoofer bass-redirection. this on the digital and\or analog stereo inputs of the 1098.
    This means that switching sub on\off will only affect lower frequencies impact, but NOT the sound quality and\or the audio spectrum of the L\R. Is this possible? I mean: if i set main speakers to small i DO have sub redirection, but withouth sub the sound is very poor and i don't want this.
    1098 has the latest firmware, speakers are Klipsch RF-7 and sub Velodyne DD18. I know and understand the diff'rences beetween STEREO and BYPASS mode.
    Thanks in advance for any help,

Luigi
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

You're wanting something that can't happen... I think.

If you set your speakers to Large for stereo listening then all bass is sent to your L/R. Now if you have them set to large, then no bass will be redirected to the subwoofer (except for LFE stuff). So you have to set the speakers to small for stereo/2-ch listening. Which effects the bass going to your L/R speakers. You could try settin the crossover as low as it will go and then see what happens when you turn the sub off.

By-pass or course means the processor does nothing to the audio source and you can not redirect the bass to the sub.

So you've got either Large/no sub or Small/sub.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Locutus2k
      • May 2004

I've discovered that in the advanced speaker menu if i set ex. Stereo/Music on MASTER instead of small or large, than the low frequencies are directed to both front speakers and sub. Is this normal? What is the MASTER settings on the advanced speaker menu? I mean: what does it do exactly? :roll:

Luigi

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

That just means that it will use the "master setting."

So if you have the master setting for Stereo/Music set to small, it will use that...that way if you change the master, it will change as well.

Maybe that's how I did it before, because I bet your Master is set to Large, plus to use the subwoofer. Too me that created too much bass (in essence doubling the frequencies that both the L/R and Sub can play).

But that might be the only way you can do that...
        -Dan

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Luigi,

I believe the RSP-1098 can do what you want. If you look at page 33 of the manual under the section titled Subwoofer which states
          SUBWOOFER (yes/no/max): The YES setting is the standard setting if your system has a subwoofer. If your system does not have a subwoofer, select NO. Select the MAX setting for maximum bass output with normal bass being duplicated by both the subwoofer and any LARGE speakers in the system.
          Essentially the MAX seeting seems to do what you want... (If I understand your requirment) You can even toggle this on or off using the remote control in a few keystrokes.

Geoff

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

That's what I was thinking of, thanks Geoff!

That's what I was thinking of and couldn't figure out while fiddling this morning before work.
            -Dan

Comment

• Locutus2k
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
              Luigi,

... which statesEssentially the MAX seeting seems to do what you want... (If I understand your requirment) You can even toggle this on or off using the remote control in a few keystrokes.

Geoff
              OK, that's working, but ONLY if the single listening mode (DD, DTS, STEREO, MUSIC) on the advanced spekaer menu is set to MASTER and the front speakers on the standard menu are set to Large.
              So far, i'm satisfied. Thanks,

Luigi

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"