X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parsonsk
    • Nov 2004

Cross talk?

I just hooked up my new 1080 amp and pre 1070. The very first time i turned it on and turned up the volumn there was nothing....i couldn't figure it out. I checked the cables but no sound... i turned it up about half way and notice a bit of sound then i turned it up more and there was more sound (yes the cd player was on and running track 1) HHmmmm me thinks this is strange.
    I checked the cables and everything looked cool.

Aaaaagghhhh, the pre amp was on phono not cd, problem solved.... BUT WHY WAS I HEARING SOUND WHEN I TURNED IT UP ON PHONO??????. There are no cables in phono, the cd player and tuner is the only thing hooked up?> This has to be cross talk but in a system of this caliber?

Has one else experienced this?

Go give it a try and let me know
    thanks
    kevin
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Perfectly normal. All the inputs share a common ground and it will pick up another input if nothing is playing. It's actually the norm on most equipment.

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

Yes, very normal...

Your impressions on your new stereo setup? What speakers do you use it with?

Comment

• Parsonsk
        • Nov 2004

Really?
        i would have thought that this would be seperated?
        I'll have to test it out on my denon receiver.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Parsonsk
          Really?
          i would have thought that this would be seperated?
          I'll have to test it out on my denon receiver.
          Even if you don't experience it on the Denon, it's not a sign of better/worse. It's just what hapens when you share grounds. I would imagine it would be even worse on a phono input considering it's additional pre-amp stage.

As a general rule, any problem that starts off with "If I turn it up really loud when I'm not listening to anything," isn't really a problem..

Kevin D.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Ha ha, Kevin D hit the nail on the head. Good one Kevin.

You're stuff is fine, just enjoy the pure listening bliss of it all!
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• Parsonsk
              • Nov 2004

Good to hear!
              My new set up includes B&W 804S :drool:, Rotel RB-1080 amp, RC-1070 pre and RT-1080 tuner, all of which are just flipping amazing. arty:

I have AudioQuest type 6 biwire cables and not sure if they are worth the $300 i spent. I realize that everything is still realllly new but the difference in sound is fairly minimal. There are lots of other things i could buy with that money

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"