X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Any new models at Cedia?

Just curious - sometimes new stuff is shown at CEDIA although I have no idea if Rotel has ever done it there.
  • Marlboroman
    • Aug 2005

Rotel had a few new models. They had the RMB-1077 there, which is there new class D digital amp that does 100 watts x 7 into 8 ohms, they had there new fan unit (I think it was called the RKF-100) which looked pretty sweet. They had a new keypad system for the RX-1052 that was very slick and inexpensive. They had the RB-1091 and RB-1092 class D digital amps there, they are the 500 watt amps, 1091 was mono and 1092 was stereo. The coolest things they had were the RDV-1092 HDMI dvd player which outputs up to 1080p and the RVE-1070 video enhancer which should be awesome. I think that was all that I saw new from them at their booth. Along with them were the new B&W stuff, awesome, the I-command setup which looks really cool and of course the Classe equipment which is incredible as well. As far as I could tell from the entire expo was that Rotel and Classe are the only companies that have DVD players that will actually output 1080p. Pretty awesome stuff.

SM

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I was wonder what Rotel had on the DVD player front. Thanks for the heads up Marlboroman.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• thyname
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Marlboroman
        Rotel had a few new models. They had the RMB-1077 there, which is there new class D digital amp that does 100 watts x 7 into 8 ohms, they had there new fan unit (I think it was called the RKF-100) which looked pretty sweet. They had a new keypad system for the RX-1052 that was very slick and inexpensive. They had the RB-1091 and RB-1092 class D digital amps there, they are the 500 watt amps, 1091 was mono and 1092 was stereo. The coolest things they had were the RDV-1092 HDMI dvd player which outputs up to 1080p and the RVE-1070 video enhancer which should be awesome. I think that was all that I saw new from them at their booth. Along with them were the new B&W stuff, awesome, the I-command setup which looks really cool and of course the Classe equipment which is incredible as well. As far as I could tell from the entire expo was that Rotel and Classe are the only companies that have DVD players that will actually output 1080p. Pretty awesome stuff.

SM
        Great info!! Any links from the event, or even pics??

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

Where's the update on the RT-1084 Sirius tuner? When is it going to be released?

Comment

• Taito
            • Sep 2004

I'm also interested in the DVD player. In the next 6 months or so, I'll be after a good DVD player. If it matches the rest of my system, all the better.

Comment

• Marlboroman
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by EAmin
              Where's the update on the RT-1084 Sirius tuner? When is it going to be released?

I forgot that one I guess. The RT-1084 was there also. It was up and running but they did not have any of the Sirius modules connected. I seem to remember hearing someone else ask about that while I was in their booth and they said something about Sirius changing their modules voltage requirements which means that Rotel has to redesign the RT-1084 to send the "new" proper voltages, or something like that. I think it may have gotten pushed back due to the Sirius redesign.

I did not take any pictures because I did not want to have to carry my camera around with me the entire time. I figured that there would be a ton of pics from other people. Sorry about that one guys.

SM

Comment

• EAmin
                • Aug 2004

Thanks for the update Marlboroman!

Bummer on the delay. However, I'd rather wait and have them get it right.

Comment

• mattburk
                  • Feb 2003

I wanted to bump this up. Looking for any updates on the RB-1092 & the new dvd player.
                  Whats the latest word? I read the rb-1092 may be out the end of this year & it is the end of the year.
                  www.mycstone.com
                  www.coverednow.com
                  www.biarenton.com

Comment

• bzrk
                    • Oct 2005

i also want one!
                    Gr. Sebastian

Comment

• Marlboroman
                      • Aug 2005

From what I have gathered is the RB-1091, RB-1092, and the RDV-1092 are all going to be available in the first quarter of 2006.

Comment

• Kyle
                        • Jan 2005

Does the RDV-1092 output 1080p over HDMI 1.3? Now that I'm taking the HD plunge, I'm hoping that the next RSP model(s) have HDMI 1.3 support, or I'm going to get stuck doing exterior HDMI switching forever!
                        My gear

Comment

• bzrk
                          • Oct 2005

i think rotel was waiting for final specs of the new hdmi standard before releasing its hdmi products....

only reason i can think why they didnt release a hdmi product sooner

but maybe im wrong tho
                          Gr. Sebastian

Comment

• Kyle
                            • Jan 2005

Thats what I figured. I was hoping they'd at least have leaked us some specs to drool over by now! I'm still happy with my RSP-1068, and I think once I have a harmony remote (in the mail now), I won't mind not having HDMI switching as I'll be using Component from my STB to my 1068, and DVI-D->HDMI directly into my LCD.

The Harmony will let me macro the switching so I doubt it'll be much of a pain.
                            My gear

Comment

• bzrk
                              • Oct 2005

there is also a hdmi/dvi/component switch with upscaling abilities coming from rotel

look here: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=14317
                              Gr. Sebastian

Comment

• Kyle
                                • Jan 2005

Ah, very interesting! I saw that before when the CEDIA pics first came out but must have glossed over. I wonder what all it will be capable of doing!
                                My gear

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"