X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

More info on the 4 new JVC models

here is a link to an article listing 4 new JVC PJ's

And while I am at it the two new Sony's for comparison.

A very interesting time for PJ buyers just how much better can it get at the
    $3500 USD pricepoint?
    Brendon
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I think Sony's going to be one of the most expensive projectors in that performance spec with the VW70. Panasonic has announced a similar spec'd projector for less then half that already and who knows what price points Sanyo and Epson will be at but I'd expect it to be similar.

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

No Laser or LED projectors

It is disappointing that no one has launched a laser powered projector or LED power projector. I know that TI has a prototype DLP LED, but that is two years away!

I think I will just keep my JVC RS2 for now and wait a couple of years until we see a tru jump in technology with Lasers or LED:T
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Yeah I don't think LED will take off completely for a couple of years and honestly I won't buy one until I see some long term use right now we are seeing maybe a year with RPTV's and I want to know how they do in the long run as there are lots of people worried about the LED's color shifting after some hours of use and what not. There are lots of new projectors coming out and I'd like to see how well they really do in tests compared to the specs.

Comment

• Dean McManis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • May 2003

I do not think that the lack of LED or laser projectors has to do with technology limitations or long-term issues, I think that it's simply that projector manufacturers are unwilling to let go of their replacement bulb sales business, which probably makes as much as projector sales overall. TI has danced around the issue by having LED projector designs be limited in both resolution and brightness.

Samsung has offered LED rear projectors for many years now, and I have not heard of color shifting issues. But ultimately one of the manufacturers is going to break through this silent moratorium on real home theater class 1080p LED and laser projectors.
          I'm guessing that we will see this happen next year. :T

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I don't think they've had them for many years? I first saw Samsung LED RPTV's maybe a year or two ago tops. I wouldn't call that long term use.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yeah, I saw JVC's demos at CEDIA this morning. Awesome performance. I still love the colors and black levels of the RS2, and now they've got great stuff with the RS10 and RS20. Even have a new version of the RS-1, the RS-1X. Even their 4k resolution prototype PJ has been improved this year, and they were showing a 3D projection system.

If I could afford the RS-2, I'd still definitely do it.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"