X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thefleu
    • Sep 2005

Interconnect cables between preamp and amps

Hi folks,

I just sign up in your great forum but read it since I buy my RSP-1066 a few monthes ago, I must say "sa déchire grave" which means "it's really cool" in french.

I intend to use some QED Qunex 3 between my 1066 and 3xRB-03, did any of you already use or test these cables ?
    My dealers believe it's the rigth choice since I already use QED Silver anniversary for my speakers.
    Any clues ?
    The Fleu
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

We have few rules round here, but one of them is about threads along the lines of "what's the best cable" as they get way out of hand...

The cables you dealer recommends are fine... There are many other fine brands. And if people want to tell you about them - please PM you!

Geoff

Comment

• thefleu
      • Sep 2005

apologies

Sorry for that,

I didn't intend to ask for "what is the best ..." but more if any members have already tested them to share experience. I realise my post wasn't that clear, so again I apologies for any inconveniences.
      The Fleu

Comment

• thyname
        • Jan 2005

CatCables owns and sponsors this forum. As far as I know, Doug (aka Lex here) is the owner and also ships to Europe. Drop him a PM, and not only he will fulfill your cable needs, but also will provide all the necessary expert advice. A have bought ICs two times from him and I am very pleased with the product and service.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

As a predominantly North Western Hemisphere forum, we don't see to many reqs for that brand cables, so it's not real likely anyone can answer your question beyond a generic: Not impossible, but not likely.

As far as you requiring the same brand of interconnects as speaker cables, that will truly gain you little, except that maybe, just maybe they've been used together before. But we would never tell you our intereconnects are optimized for our speaker cables, because that would be a bunch of hog wash. The ones that are optimized sound best to your ears, period.

So, use a good product be it the same brand or not as your speaker wires. But don't get oversold, compared to what a company like mine can sell you a high quality pair of interconnects for in $ that will work just as well with your speaker cables as their brand.

Doug
          CATCables.com owner
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• thefleu
            • Sep 2005

Thank you both thyname and Lex, I check out catcables web site and drop a PM to lex soon after.
            The Fleu

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"