X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan K
    • Feb 2005

RSX-1056 having problem switching dolby digital

hey everyone,

i've been having a problem with my 1056 receiver and my dealer has no solution for me. i'm hoping somebody here might have an answer.

i have a time warner cable hd dvr cable box.

sometimes when i am watching a station in dobly digital and then i switch to another channel, the receiver has trouble switching to prologic. suddenly the front three speakers are very quiet and you can only really hear the rears.

if i switch it to two channel and then back to prologic, the problem is taken care of, and it sounds fine. but i have to do it whenever the channels are changed.

it seems as if the rotel is having trouble recognizing or locking onto the signal and switching.

and tonight, while watching the u.s. open in hd, the sound was great but when the commercials come on i have the same problem--the front three speakers become very low while you can really only hear the rears. then when tennis came back on, the sound was fine again.

i was planning on having a superbowl party and watching it in hd, but i can't do it if the commercials are going to go quiet every break.

is anyone familiar with this and is there a more permanent solution rather than switching to two channel and back again everytime this happens.

i love the 1056 but this is very annoying, especially considering the cost of the unit.

thanks for any input.

dan
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Good news! There was a DD->PCM bug in one of the firmware's released. Updating to the newest firmware will solve your problem. Check through the sticky's at the top and you should be able to get all the information you need. Stop back in if you have any questions about the update.

I'd say you could have your dealer install the update, but since they don't even know about the fix that might not be the best idea.

Good luck,

Kevin D.

Comment

• Dan K
      • Feb 2005

Thanks for the help. Is there a way that I can determine what firmware my unit is currently running? I purchased it in January and I just want to make sure it needs the update before I go back to the dealer.

Thanks a lot.

Dan

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Holding down mute on the remote for a few seconds will display the firmware on the unit.

1.2.2 is the newest. I'll bet you have 1.2.1...

V1.2.1 to V1.2.2
        - Corrected an error in V1.2.1 which caused very low center channel output when switching between DD/PLII to PLII modes.
        Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"