X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

RSX-1067 vs 1068/1075

OK, comparison questions bug me sometimes, but I really do want some opinoins on this.

With similar power specs can a segnificant difference in sound quality be heard? Has anyone done a comparison?

I am going to go one route or the other, but need to see value.

What would you do?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Get the seperates. Even if there's no perceivable sound difference, seperates offer an easier and less expensive upgrade path
    Jason

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

Ouch! That is a tough one,

It really depends on what your needs are. If you will get a lot of use from the tuner and one box simplicity along with 6 less interconnects sounds appealing to you, don't shy away from the 1067. As far as receivers go, it's pretty solid. Unlike the RSX 1055/56, the 1067 uses a torriod transformer just like the separate amps.

On the other hand as stated above, the separates will give you more flexibility in the long term. In addition, they should eek out a little performance. But whether this is significant or noticeable to you -- only your ears can tell you.

I would lean towards the pre/pro combo although to be honestI think either one would make me happy. In a case like this where you are on the fence, I really think it is best to do a level matched side by side comparison. This should be easy to do at a Rotel dealer. But again, hold him to accurate level matching.

Let us know what you hear and which way you go.

P.S. I noticed you do have the RSX 1055. Another alternative is to add an RMB-1075 to the 1055. This should yield equal or better results to the RSX 1067. If that does not make you happy, then you can swap the 1068 for the 1055. I think you'll find that as you work your way up this ladder of combinations, the differences are going to be subtle so spend some time with the different combos and get to know them. In the past, I,ve found that if You rush thru all these a/b comparisons, everyting can start to sound the same and it just leads to confusion.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

If you really want the tuner built in I'd say go for the 1056 and 1075 over the 1067 IMO....
        Jason

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by gianni
          Ouch! That is a tough one,

It really depends on what your needs are. If you will get a lot of use from the tuner and one box simplicity along with 6 less interconnects sounds appealing to you, don't shy away from the 1067. As far as receivers go, it's pretty solid. Unlike the RSX 1055/56, the 1067 uses a torriod transformer just like the separate amps.

On the other hand as stated above, the separates will give you more flexibility in the long term. In addition, they should eek out a little performance. But whether this is significant or noticeable to you -- only your ears can tell you.

I would lean towards the pre/pro combo although to be honestI think either one would make me happy. In a case like this where you are on the fence, I really think it is best to do a level matched side by side comparison. This should be easy to do at a Rotel dealer. But again, hold him to accurate level matching.

Let us know what you hear and which way you go.

P.S. I noticed you do have the RSX 1055. Another alternative is to add an RMB-1075 to the 1055. This should yield equal or better results to the RSX 1067. If that does not make you happy, then you can swap the 1068 for the 1055. I think you'll find that as you work your way up this ladder of combinations, the differences are going to be subtle so spend some time with the different combos and get to know them. In the past, I,ve found that if You rush thru all these a/b comparisons, everyting can start to sound the same and it just leads to confusion.
          Thanls for your feedback.

I do like the idea of having everything in one box and I will post a picture soon to show why, but I never use a tuner and that is not a factor in my desicion at all. As far as upgrading goes down the road I can for see that it will be 3-5 years until I need more then 100 watts of power as I live in a loft which I love, and have the perfect sized speakers.

I think the thing what I am liking most about the 1067 over adding a 1075 to my current 1055 is the great list of setup features the 1067 offers i.e. 5.1, 7.1 or speakers powered by the reciever for a second zone...all things I would use. Also as I understand the 1067 has better sound processing components then my 1055.

I agree that seperates may be a better way to go when more power may be needed in the near future, and it may give slightly better sound...but the 1067 seems to have more bang for the buck. I will keep you posted, but please feel free to add any more comments.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

It will still make upgrading in 3-5 years easier and give you arguably better sound in the mean time, plus seperates are just "cooler"
            Jason

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by aud19
              It will still make upgrading in 3-5 years easier and give you arguably better sound in the mean time, plus seperates are just "cooler"
              I agree that seperates are cooler, but mine wont be on display. They will be in one of the only cabinets cooler looking then good looking audio equipment (link below), so you will never see it. All is controled by an RF remote so there is no need to ever ever see the equipment. The only thing that will be seen is the dvd/cd player when needing to load a dvd/cd.

The cabinet I am using is the one displayed on the top of the link

That cabinet with B&W FPM speakers against a brick wall looks great!

Comment

• lvhung
                • Jun 2005

you save alot because don't have to buy expensive ICs

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"