X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sickman
    • Aug 2003

Help with RSX 1055 Issues?

1. I'm getting the digital signal recognition delay. It's about 2-3 seconds. This occurs every time I change the channel on my cable box. I'm using the cable box's digital out to one of the receiver's coax digital inputs. I've seen replies to other posters of this problem that they should check the firmware updates. I have 2.2.5. The stated change for 2.2.6 is:

"- Eliminated popping sound heard during DSP and Digital mode transitions.
    - Set surround mode to default to DPLII when selected rather than reverting to PCM
    2CH when changing channels with Digital Cable or Satellite sources."

I don't have popping, I have delay. Would 2.2.6 fix this? Is there another fix?

2. Listen to one, watch another. Why can I not watch one source on my tv and listen to another through my speakers?

Three examples of what I'd like to do, but you get the idea and can imagine your own: (a) watch a game and listen the radio play-by-play instead of the TV broadcast, (b) listen to music and check a tv channel with the local weather displayed or view a stock ticker or sports ticker, etc., or (c) keep one eye on a game while listening to music.

I've read some of the work-arounds mentioned here, but I don't think they will work for me. The obvious one is to skip the receiver and use the video switching on the TV, but my TV has limited inputs. Thus, I really need to switch video through my receiver. I love my Rotel, but it is ridiculous that my $1500 receiver can't do this when far inferior and far cheaper receivers can. And I don't consider this a "bell" or "whistle" that Rotel and other "mid-fi" company fans eschew. This one seems to my untrained mind to be a pretty simple feature.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

1. I'm getting the digital signal recognition delay. It's about 2-3 seconds. This occurs every time I change the channel on my cable box. I'm using the cable box's digital out to one of the receiver's coax digital inputs. I've seen replies to other posters of this problem that they should check the firmware updates. I have 2.2.5. The stated change for 2.2.6 is:
    "- Eliminated popping sound heard during DSP and Digital mode transitions.
    - Set surround mode to default to DPLII when selected rather than reverting to PCM
    2CH when changing channels with Digital Cable or Satellite sources."

I don't have popping, I have delay. Would 2.2.6 fix this? Is there another fix?
    Unlikely but its worth upgrading for those fix's regardless. Have you tried using the analog connection from your cable box?

2. Listen to one, watch another. Why can I not watch one source on my tv and listen to another through my speakers?
    You should be able to use the Rec out feature to do this though I'd have to play with it to see if it would work properly.

Comment

• Sickman
      • Aug 2003

Have you tried using the analog connection from your cable box?

That works fine, but it kind of defeats the purpose. How would I then watch HBO, for example, in Dolby Digital 5.1?

You should be able to use the Rec out feature to do this though I'd have to play with it to see if it would work properly.

Is that on the OSD? I'm not sure I understand how that would work.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"