X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Technical info on Digital/video cabling

Written by Belden, so it naturally favors their product (but justifiably IMO), but does a good job of explaining why you care about the construction and method of installing the coaxial digital/video cable you use to send your digital or high frequency (HD) video signals over.

Especially stuff like SDI. Upshot is, careful with those tie wraps and extra connections. Also shows why RCA was a bad choice for SPDIF.

BB
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

B-

Haven't read the article yet, but about SPDIF, why is it then that the A/V community generally favors coax over optical for digital audio?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

While this material is advertising value rich(pro-belden), I'll allow it for now. There are some valuable tips why to take care of coax, not overtighten ties, not to put ties in even distances, etc...

It would be nice if they'd just produced the information without the promotional value.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

I thought it would be OK Lex, since I thought you made some of your video stuff out of Belden products.

BB

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"