X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SGT
    • Jul 2005

RCD-1072 or Quad CD-S - educated advice needed

Dear all,

I'm trying to pick a new cd player for my ra-1062.
    Trialed few - including 1072 that's still in my room. Without lots of elaboration, it's a beautifull sounding little gem : that's about to be purchased. BUT, a good friend is telling me to give a go to Quad CD-S, too.
    This one I haven't heard yet, so would ask for some insight if you've tried 'em both.

Also, what is the DAC max. resolution and sampling frequency of 1072? No data in the users manual or on the Rotel site.

EDIT: I've just re-read TFM ops: and it does say it's 18 bit equivalent (whatever that is?). Sampling frequency? Anyone?

Thanks and cheers,
    SGT
    Last edited by SGT; 02 September 2005, 04:17 Friday. Reason: RTFM (properly)
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

A lot of people place the 1072 over some of the best, maybe someone out there has compared it to the Quad. Of course the typical try it for yourself and let us know still applies..

Kevin D.

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

One thing to consider: the RCD-1072 and the RA-1062 when they were developed were voiced to compliment each other. They have great synergy. One of the British Hi-Fi magazines went into this - I think the review is on the Rotel site, you've probably seen it. And they do look great together for whatever that is worth.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"