X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • microfast
    • Oct 2003

Rotel 1098 firmware

What version of firmware is installed on your 1098 ?

I have the v. 1.1.2 with Cirrus dec Flash V. 3.1.

I have read on this forum that for the correct working of the official v. 2.0 ( non still released ) is needed the Cirrus rom v. 3.2.

Where will be possible find the upgrade from 3.0/3.1 to the 3.2 ?

I have an external flash programmer for do it but for have the code ?

Thanks and regards

Marco
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Marco they're still working on the firmware and I'm not sure when it will be released to the public. As for the update process it should be the same as what was used with the 1055 and 1066 in that they simply use HyperTerminal

Comment

• microfast
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      Marco they're still working on the firmware and I'm not sure when it will be released to the public. As for the update process it should be the same as what was used with the 1055 and 1066 in that they simply use HyperTerminal
      Andrew,

The problem is not update from the 1.1.2 to the 1.1.5 or the 2.x.x ( firmware of the Toshiba microcontroller ) that is possible upgrade with a pc/rs232 cable, but the flash rom of the Cirrus decoder; i do think that for do this is necessary :

1) Replace the 3.0/3.1 flash chip with a new 3.2 chip.

or

2) Erase and then update the chip with the new code ( v. 3.2 ) with a external programmer.

Regards
      Marco

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Most likely problem will be that I doubt Rotel uses pin style eeproms.. Meaning it's probably a surface mount chip that would be nearly impossible to remove/update/replace. Will probably need to be sent in to Rotel to fix..

Does anybody know if the eeprom replacement on the early 1065's were done free or was there a charge?

Kevin D.

Comment

• microfast
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Most likely problem will be that I doubt Rotel uses pin style eeproms.. Meaning it's probably a surface mount chip that would be nearly impossible to remove/update/replace. Will probably need to be sent in to Rotel to fix..

Does anybody know if the eeprom replacement on the early 1065's were done free or was there a charge?

Kevin D.
          I can confirm that the flashrom of the Cirrus decoder is PLCC socketed; it is easy find a DIL adapter and is also possible use a pc ( with a bios/flash program ) as programmer.

But where find the code v3.2 to burn ?

Regards
          Marco

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"