X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkR
    • Jan 2005

More 2ch Questions

There seems to be a few people asking questions about trying to improve on the 2ch from their 1055/1056, so here is mine.

I presently am runnining a 1055/1080 combo which I am happy with but....

I do have a RA-980BX int amp, would the pre amp on this sound any better than the 2ch from my 1055? I know the obvious answer is to plug it in and listen but I am using it to bi-amp my centre channel as the pre amp is down on the left channel ( I don't think it is an expensive fix, I am pretty sure the stereo/mono switch is the culprit).

What has really prompted me into action is there is a Rotel RH-C10 selling at a local online auction for not much more than the possible cost of repair on my 980BX.

So here are the options
    1: Do nothing save more pennies
    2: Repair the RA-980BX
    3: Buy the RH-C10

FWIW my money is on #3, any other opinions out there?
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

newb, what you ask is so subjective. I initially went from a Yamaha ht reciever with carver power amps. When I tripped over Rotel and purchased my 1st piece being the RSP-980, the sound difference was amazing, bar nothing. I then went to the RSX-1055 for 5 channel, I felt it lacked 2 channel so I bought an RC-1070 to go with it, and it was better, just no wheres near the difference of going from Yamaha/ Carver to Rotel. I feel comfortable making a "major" change based on opinion, but, when it comes to "fine tuning" my system, I like to hear that in my enviroment versus opinions driving my descisions. Take this for what it is worth, and enjoy the ride, its a fun one.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"