X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonesy
    • Feb 2003

RB991 - On death's door or not?

I haven't been here in a while but you are the Rotel guys so I thought I'd see what you folks think.

I'm measuring a 3db reduction in output of my 991. I've switched cables and inputs and re-calibrated and wrung my tiny brain dry. I finally figured it's the amp after running direct signals (by-passing the pre/pro) out of my DVD player into both the 991 then my 985 using the same program material, source, cables and speaker.

I am wondering what might cause this and is it worth investigating and possibly repairing. This has been a great amp for me for the last couple of years and I have a new set of mains coming for it (B&W 604s3).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

If it really is the amp you might be better off taking it in for an inspection. The capacitors in amps do fail eventually but the 991 isn't that old is it?

Comment

• Jonesy
      • Feb 2003

According to Rotel's website the 991 was a 1997 model, but I am the third owner, having had it for the last couple years. I don't suppose a capacitor is something that can be easily diagnosed and replaced.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"