X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLAK
    • Jun 2005

No center channel sound on some DVDs

Hi HT Crew,

I recently purchased an RSX 1067 and RDV 1060 which I generally love but I have experienced one problem that I am not sure how to fix and hoping that someone can help me out.

Basically - when I play certain DVDs (for example - the Collector's edition of Pirates of the Caribbean and it also happened with Hitch) - there is no Center Channel sound - the rest of the speakers work perfectly. I am not sure if this is because of new DVD encoding, a setting on my system or a setting on the DVD.

Here is what I know - when I run the Test Tones through the RSX 1067 - the center channel works just fine. When I play music or some DVDs the center channel works perfectly. :roll:

When I run the THX test that comes with the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD - the center channel does not work. :M

(I called my dealer... they are looking into it to see if I need to do a software upgrade ... but I do not think that this is the problem.)

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any solutions ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

FLAK
  • The_A_V_Guy
    • Jul 2005

Try updating the firmware. Go to Rotel's website and then go to the downloads section and get the firmware and the intructions. I had problems with the center channel info on my rsx-1056 until the firmware was updated and it has been fine ever since.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

AV guy's correct. There was a bug in the firmware that crops up when switching between DD2.0 and DD5.1 signals.

This is most likely your issue. You should be able to start the movie and lose the center channel, switch to another input, then switch back to DVD. You should then have a canter channel. Small fix until your dealer can update the firmware for you.

Kevin D.

Comment

• The_A_V_Guy
        • Jul 2005

actually you can update the firmware yourself if you are comfortable with computers. there are instructions with the downloads from the Rotel site.

Comment

• FLAK
          • Jun 2005

Thanks guys - I took a quick read on Rotel and it looks pretty straightforward... I just have to figure out where I put that cable... I will let you know how it goes...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"