X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fastfred
    • Oct 2003

Need help in what to get?

Hi everyone, I will soon be a new owner of a rotel system. I need help in deciding what to purchase. It's only for HT, no music. Here is what Im thinking of getting and what my setup is. At the end will be my questions for what should I do.

Getting RSP-1098, RMB 1095, and for the 7.1 an additional RB 1090. Use the RB 1090 for the fronts (left, right) and the RMB 1095 for the rest.
    My speakers are for the rears, (new) Speakercraft aim 5's 4/6/8 Ohms. Retail $1500. The rest are (8 yrs old soon to update if needed) Onkyo THXF-1 (Fronts) 6 ohms, THXS-1 surround Dipolar's 6 ohms., and THXPS-1a Amp sub and THXPS-1P sub. Im not sure if most of you have heard of these Onkyo speakers as they was very limited at the time and the retail for just the Onkyo's was over $3000 at that time.

My questions are should I get another RMB 1095 to add rather than the RB 1090? or stay with the RB 1090 for the addition watts for the fronts?

Am I hooking up the speakers for the amps the right way to use?

Any other suggestions would be great! Thanks for all inputs. Fastfred
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

Unless you're going to be powering some very inefficient speakers, I'd get the RMB-1095 for the 5 channel, and the RB-1080 for the fronts. That'll save you some coin.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
    All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The 1090 is a very very nice amplifer and really kicks butt compared to the 1095 esp when music is concered....given that you're only doing HT though the 1080 might do you well enough esp. if it free's up some money to invest in different speakers (if you feel you need to).

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"