• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EricE
    • Oct 2003

My first post ????

Hi from a longtime lurker.
    This is my first post as a regestered user

I am about to finally buy a Rotel pre-pro and I have just a few questions before I finally make my decision.

1098:
    Has the problem with DTS ES discrete and matrix mixes been fixed yet?
    Does the 1098 have the same sub out problem where you have to clip 2 resistors or has that been resolved.

1066:
    Does the unit have on the fly adjustments like the 1098?
    Can it do group delay like the 1098 for lip-sync problems with front projectors?
    Does it also have a problem with DTS ES?

I am leaning toward the 1066 because of the price but the 1098 does have a few features that would be helpful.

Please help!
    I have searched the archives and have found no recent answers.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

First Welcome to the HTGuide Site:T

1098:
    Has the problem with DTS ES discrete and matrix mixes been fixed yet?
    Does the 1098 have the same sub out problem where you have to clip 2 resistors or has that been resolved.
    The DTS-ES issue isn't fixed yet but I'm sure it will be shortly. The sub has been addressed with the 1098 though as its now a menu option. Speaking of which the 1098 offers a lot more flexibility with respect to speaker sizes and crossover points etc that the 1066 lacks.

1066:
    Does the unit have on the fly adjustments like the 1098?
    What adjustments do you want to make? You can temp. adjust the bass and treble on the fly.

Can it do group delay like the 1098 for lip-sync problems with front projectors?
    No that's only available on the 1098

Does it also have a problem with DTS ES?
    No which is why I don't think it will be long before they get it fixed on the 1098

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"