X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajr2179
    • Jul 2005

Rotel Hookup help

Hi everyone,

I am new to Rotel and this forum and need some help. I recently purchased an RMB1066 as a seperate amp for Denon AVR2802. The manual says it is essentially three two channel stereo amps in one box. I ran the front Left and Right Preouts to channel A input left/ right. Then, I ran the left and right speaker connections from my speakers to Channerl A's speaker connections and it worked.

So, then I became curious as to how the amp sounded in bridged mode.
    Now, I added my center channel to the mix of things by the diagram (used left channel inputs, only bridged speaker connections, switched all three sets of channels to bridged mono), the immediate problem was that the front panel never lit t show that it was in bridged mode but power was on. The larger problem was no sound. I made all connections with my stystem power being off. The protetction lights never lit to tell me of any problems through both processes and the amp stayed on.

So, I went back to just a 2-channel setup and now received no sound at all. I tested my fronts and center with the Denon Amp in my normal setup and all speakers received a test tone and played sound. Please help I am confused and do not know what I am doing wrong. I would be greatly appreciative of anyone that can offer any further setup help. This is my first post on the forum. The manual is not very detailed at all. I really hope the amp is not dead, especially since I drove two hours to pick it up.

Other info that may help:

I am using the 12 V trigger of my HTS5100 to power on the amp
    My speakers are Vienna Acoustics (Bachs, Maestro, Waltzs)
    My existing receiver is Denon (AVR2802) and has preouts for all 6 channels
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"