X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprout
    • Jun 2005

Is it possible to do A to B speaker comparison one button? on 1098/rmb-1075

Hi,

As title, I am trying to decide on varying speakers I am auditioning.

I would like to be able to change instantly from one pair to the other for comparison.

Is this possible?

Kind regards

Martin
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

Using the "zone 2" option might be the solution. Your 1098/1075 combination doesn't 'know' the second pair of speakers is in the same room...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• sprout
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by weijst
      Using the "zone 2" option might be the solution. Your 1098/1075 combination doesn't 'know' the second pair of speakers is in the same room...
      mmm! It is probably just me but I cannot get my head round how from the same source you flick fom Mains only to Zone 2 only? I do not think I can do it.

I was hoping I could tell say input x use front speakers only, and input y use rears only, but I do not think that is possible either!

I am using a digital source that has two outputs, so that is no problem

Pulling me hair out, well I would if I had some

Thanks so far

sprout

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

Can't both zones listen to the same source/input? (as you can tell, I'm not using a 2nd zone). If not:

In my 1068 setup, I set coaxial 1 to both the DVD audio input and the CD audio input. So wether I sellect CD or DVD, the same source is heared. Try to set the source to DVD in zone 1 and to CD in zone 2 (both at PCM stereo ofcourse). Both are the same so you might be able to switch...

Now I do not know if the 1068/1098 is 'smart' enough to not allow a 2nd zone to listen to the same audio input (in my case coaxial 1).

Let us know how it works out!
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• sprout
          • Jun 2005

Can't both zones listen to the same source/input? (as you can tell, I'm not using a 2nd zone). If not:
          Yes they can, the problem is switching. You can listen to both together or switch mains off, leaving the other pair. I cannot swap between the two.
          The manual suggests this can sort of be done but you need a remote extender into the "in my case, supposed other room" then you can with another remote control zone 2 independently of the master.
          By the way, I am not a Zone two person either![/QUOTE]

In my 1068 setup, I set coaxial 1 to both the DVD audio input and the CD audio input. So wether I sellect CD or DVD, the same source is heared. Try to set the source to DVD in zone 1 and to CD in zone 2 (both at PCM stereo ofcourse). Both are the same so you might be able to switch...

Now I do not know if the 1068/1098 is 'smart' enough to not allow a 2nd zone to listen to the same audio input (in my case coaxial 1).

Let us know how it works out!
          As I can already meet your first point, this would only present the same problem.

It would be nice if somebody who has acheived this could share their wisdom.

I have resorted to dragging my another amp out of storage that supports A/B switching, as I am getting no where with this at the moment.
          Not really the answer, as it is a very different amp.

Thanks for your help so far. :T

sprout

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

The easiest way to do it would be with a speaker switch. Radio shack and best buy should have them.

Comment

• sprout
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
              The easiest way to do it would be with a speaker switch. Radio shack and best buy should have them.
              Andrew, You mean like the one in my loft that I had forgot about ops:

You have made my day :T

Thanks

sprout

PS Beautiful picture of your daughter looking at the new arrival Congrats

Comment

• soundhound
                • Mar 2004

weijst, since you brought it up, you can power down the 1068 and it will keep zone 2 running, which can be on the same input as you're main room. The only issue is how you turn you're amps on and off/ trigger configurations.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"