X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garyb73
    • Jul 2005

RSP-1066 DVD Sound Problems! HELP!

HI, I'm new to these boards but wondered if you could spare a little help.

I've had my RSP-1066 / RMB-1075 combo for a while now and something weird has started to happen:

In music via Analog or Digital Inputs the sound is as fantastic as ever but on any movies when there is speech the sound is muffled and you can bearly hear what they are saying. Also I have to really crank it up to be able to hear anything (Like 70 - 75) which is not noraml seeing as I used to watch films about 55.

P.S. the Center channel does work.

I have tried connecting the dvd player using normal analog L/R connections.

I have also tried another dvd player, whilst making the situation a little better it's still not normal.

Any one have any suggestions, I have already ripped it all out and re-wired.

Many thanks,

Gary.
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Could you have the dynamic range limiter activated? This is a feature in which output (mainly sub I believe) is limited for nighttime viewing so as to not disturb others. Have you tried plugging the center channel output from the 1066 into another speaker input, such as L front, to verify the signal is clean from the 1066?

Comment

• comeup
      • Jul 2005

Is it the center speaker only or all the speakers. Maybe some how you defaulted everything and you need to set the output for your speakers all over again.
      Blake

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"