• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikehdtv
    • Sep 2003

I LOVE ROTEL!

• Mikehdtv
    • Sep 2003

Hi, I just wanted to thank Rotel for their extraordinary service. I recently bought a used RSP 1066 on Audiogon. When I tried to update the software to 2.26
    it failed over and over. Called Rotel service and arranged to send it in fully aware that it was not covered by warranty because of the second hand sale. Well, I just got the unit back fully repaired at NO CHARGE! 2 hours bench time and the replacement of the Digital 1 board all covered and that is a significant expense. All I can say is Rotel now has a lifetime customer!

Mike

Comment

• will1066
      • Aug 2003

Yeah, but tell us how you really feel about Rotel! :LOL:

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Good to hear about people's positive experiences... and Rotels commitemnt to their products!

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
          • Sep 2003

Mike, thats some great news indeed. But aren't you a little upset with the seller from Audiogon?

I guess the seller wouldn't know about the problem though, unless he himself tried to update it.

Rotel rocks, thats all that matters!

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
          GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Pretty stressful day today, but reading your post brought a nice turnaround. Great going Rotel.

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• Mikehdtv
              • Sep 2003

SpOoNmAn, at first I was concerned about the seller but Rotel said the unit was in excellent condition and it was a failure of the board after the update. So I am happy on all accounts!

Mike

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Great news Mike. Rotel's QOS seems impeccable.

Enjoy your 1066,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Once again Rotel comes though. Its storyies like this that will get a lot of people looking at Rotel's as something to strongly consider the next time they purchase a peice of AV gear. Lets face it there's a few quality brand names out there with good products but what seperates Rotel from the rest is their first rate support.

Comment

• Energeezer
                    • Sep 2002

I had some major trouble with another MFG who shall remain nameless (Marantz OOOPs sorry) just prior to switching over to Rotel.
                    At the time I made the switch I did not know of this forum or the legendary Rotel service. I made the switch based on price/performance.
                    Thanks for the reassurance I made an even better move than I knew at the time.

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
                    The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mikehdtv
                      SpOoNmAn, at first I was concerned about the seller but Rotel said the unit was in excellent condition and it was a failure of the board after the update. So I am happy on all accounts!

Mike
                      Cool..I'd rather have the board go bad then have a shady seller.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
                      GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Mikehdtv
                        • Sep 2003

Hey everyone, I thought I would update you on why "I LOVE ROTEL" .

Hooked up the proc and it worked and sounded awesome! That is until I went to listen to some SACD's. I noticed that my left surround rear was dead. :evil: Needles to say I was kinda upset and narrowed it down to a dead multichannel input. Called Rotel and talked to Tim and went through
                        possible soultions...no luck... so they said send it back and we'll expidite it. The 1066 arrived at Rotel last friday. And guess what, 4 business days later the UPS babe brought me my 1066 with the faulty connection replaced... again at no cost to me.

I just wanted to say these guys have gone above and beyond the call of duty when they could have charged me since the unit was not technically under warranty.

THANKS ROTEL!!!!!!!!

Mike

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Amazing... If only every company had this sort of cutomer service and dedication to their products and their customers. 8O

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                          Jason

Comment

• BleakShore
                            • Oct 2003

Wow. That is amazing. Just knowing that Rotel treats their customers this well makes me feel great. Really nice!

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"