X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

Optimum setup for mostly music listening

Hi, I wanted to get your opinions on the best setup for mainly listening to music (80%) and some movies. My current options are:
    1. RSX-1067
    2. RSP-1068 + RMB 1095 (or 1075).

I plan on using B&W 805s or 804s.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to the responses!!

Tommy
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

#2, I personally favor seperates.

Comment

• Kens1
      • Mar 2005

My vote would be 1068 + 1090 (or 1080) + 1075.
      Or consider what I have: 1056 + 1080 - you can read threads here of other people that find this set up very satisfying for both music and HT, I know I do especially for music in bypass mode.
      Good Luck

Comment

• wernert
        • Feb 2004

I would go for seperates.

If you have the money, go for 1068/1090/1095. I would use the 1090 for the fronts/stereo. Otherwise go for the 1068/1080/1075 combination.

Werner

Comment

• tboooe
          • Jun 2005

Kens1 & wemert:

Why do you both suggest getting a dedicated amp for the fronts? Why is this better than getting a multichannel like the 1075 or 1095? I am interested in knowing the theoretical reason why this setup is better and if you have any thoughts on the actual/real world improvements (in other words, is the improvement worth the extra money). I know you will probably say I have to go and listen myself which I intend to do but am still very curious to hear about other people's experiences.

I am by no means an audiophile though I do like and recognize good sounding systems.

Comment

• sprout
            • Jun 2005

Is it true that Rotel multi-channel amps are class AB and dual power amps class A/AB ?

If the statement is correct then I suppose that the 2 channel should be cleaner at lower volumes!

Also, not sure what happens to the other three amps that would not be being utilised for stereo in a multi-channel amp. Can the pre just activate the two channels or all five active?

If all five are active then it is a waste of power and life of the unit.
            Being class AB, if indeed it is, will mean it is always drawing a small amount of power, hence producing heat. The higher the class, the more power it draws, even with no signal. I have an HiFi amp that is class AA and sits there burning an awful lot of power even with no input :E

Others views will sure be interesting

Regards

Sprout

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"