receiver settings w/dvd-a/sacd pplayer ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

receiver settings w/dvd-a/sacd pplayer ?

I may be jumping the gun here but still would like your help.I'm getting a universal player in a cpl of weeks,probably marantz dv6500 to connect to rotel rsx1056.My question is what will i need to do in the receiver settings as well as the dvd player settings to optimize the dvd-a/sacd.Hopefully someone with the rsx1056 could tell me what the proper settings for both will be.Thanks
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

Just connect the Marantz to your Rotel by means of 6 RCA cables and sellect the 'multi input' source on your reciever.

Next you have to tell your Marantz universal player which speakers are 'LARGE' and which are 'SMALL' and wether or not you have a sub. Now it gets tricky (with my DV6400 that is). When I set 'sub' to 'off' in the Marantz menu, instead of mixing the bass in the remaining 5 channels it refuses to output multi channel music (2ch only). Even when all remaining speakers are set to 'LARGE'. I do not know wether or not Marantz corrected this in the DV6500...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• rnoble
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by rick c
      I may be jumping the gun here but still would like your help.I'm getting a universal player in a cpl of weeks,probably marantz dv6500 to connect to rotel rsx1056.My question is what will i need to do in the receiver settings as well as the dvd player settings to optimize the dvd-a/sacd.Hopefully someone with the rsx1056 could tell me what the proper settings for both will be.Thanks
      Hi Rick my settings with a Marantz DV6400 are as follows:

On the player:
      -Speakers to large
      -Sub to on
      -Distances are all equal
      -SPL balance are all equal

On the amp:
      - multi-source input of course
      - Speakers to small
      - sub to on
      - all xovers at 80Hz
      - distances adjusted for my room
      - speaker levels adjusted for my room

This is so I have a 'uniform' signal coming from the player. If you start running small or having delay times on the player then they're just going to mess with all of your settings on the amp. Have the adjustments in one place or the other, if you have them in BOTH you won't get the expected output.

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

rnoble,

I thought it doesn't matter which settings you set on the amp when using 'multi-source' input, since they're all 'bypassed'.
        (One exeption is the bass however. The Bass management of the amp allows you to choose wether or not you want the amp to send all bass to a sub or not when multi-source is playing...)
        Bottomline, you have to set the settings before the signals enter the multi input which, in this case, is done on the DV6400...

Ofcourse, I could be wrong about this...
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"