X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregLett
    • May 2005

Rotel with Paradigm Studio 100V3

Has anyone auditioned Rotel with paradigm Studio 100 V3?
    Greg
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by GregLett
    I read a review on the RB-1080 and it said the Studio 60 V3 was a very good match, so I would imagine the Studio 100 V3 will be similar. What specific Rotel amplification are you thinking of?

I think this is the review http://www.stereophile.com/amplifica...08/index1.html
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• cuda65
      • Feb 2005

I listened to both Rotel and Anthem with the Paradigm 100 V3. They both sound very good but I like the Anthem better. The best thing you can do is find a source that has the Rotel and the Paradigm's and listen. Even better if you can audition at home. Good luck!
      Doug

Comment

• scient
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GregLett
        I have a Rotel 1056 hooked up with Studio 100's v3. They sound nice but are not at their best. But before you jump to conclusions let me point of a few things:

The reason I bought the 100's is because I loved it when I listened to them it the store (over 3 hours).
        I really think they need more the 75w the 1056 has to offer (I am planning on buying a 1080 for them).
        My source sucks, its a $70 Sony DVD player ops:

They are great speakers but need a bit more power.

Comment

• june
          • Feb 2005

Hello,

We have the 100's v2 and they sound great. It's a perfect match! Rotel 1068, Rt-02 & Paradigm Ref Studio 100's.

june
          June
          "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• mtodde
            • Jan 2005

I am using Studio 40s (front), 20s (rear) & the CC470 (all are v3) with my RSX-1056 and am very happy. I will be upgrading to a RMB1075 soon and using my 1056 as a preamp only.

While the 1056 may not have the power to truly drive the Studio 100, Rotel does go with the Studio series very well. I experienced a bit of brightness during the breakin but that is now gone.

Comment

• GregoriusM
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2000

Definitely throw a the 200 w/ch or the 380 w/ch Rotel amps at those 100's. You'll really hear the difference!
              Gregor

Comment

• GregLett
                • May 2005

Thanks. I'm getting a RB-1080 amp. I currently have 2 RB980BX amps.
                Greg

Comment

• scient
                  • Feb 2005

Let me know how it sounds, I am looking to buy one too :B

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"