X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilfred
    • May 2003

1066 analog input "leaky"?

Noticed last nigh, with CDP going, I switched to other unused inputs (eg: Tuner, Video 5) and can hear music coming out from my speakers (!!!). Volume was about 59, standing right next to speaker, output level was about 85-90dB C weighted at 10ft. I disconnected my analog IC and switched over to Coax (Video 2). It is slient, no hiss, no sound, nothing.

Now this happens also on my old Adcom pre-amp ($450). I was told "It's ONLY an Adcom, what do you expect?". OK, OK. Now, at 3X+, will I hear the same line again?

Any one can confirm this with me? How about 1098 users?

Wilfred
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

I dont hear any analogue bleed on the 1098. It could be heard on the 1066, but when playing something the bleed is gone. It can only happen when the 1066 has no lock on an input signal.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

It occurs becasue all the analog inputs share the same ground. Its not a design fault nor is it a sign of poor quality...and for what matters Adcom makes some very solid reliable gear

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"