X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricardolowndes
    • Jun 2004

Adcom VS Rotel

Hi everyone!!

Im new in the forum , and i need help from you..

I´m just about to close a deal...

Adcom GTP860II + Adcom GFA-5800 (mains) + Adcom GFA-6000 (surrounds center)

OR

Rotel RSP-1066 + Rotel RB-1080 (main) + Rotel RMB-1066 (surrounds center)

What should i do ??? PLease help ???
    Wich is better ??
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Have you listened to both? You're the only one who can truly make that call based on your ears, mind and wallet....

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• ricardolowndes
      • Jun 2004

No ,
      i haven´t.. its not possible to hear any as my local dealers have none in stock neither showroom.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Do they have a generous return policy? I'd suggest to the dealer to let you demo both setups at your home with your gear (the best way to demo anyways! :P ) and you'll keep whichever you prefer.

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• gd
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by aud19
          Do they have a generous return policy? I'd suggest to the dealer to let you demo both setups at your home with your gear
          Absolutely... or at least purchase one or the other with the understanding you can bring it back for any reason, for full refund, no questions asked... if they resist or decline, you might consider another retailer.

Also note that the Rotel 1066 prepro and the Adcom power amps are older models, and should have some reasonable discount applied to them... not sure what that should be... ask about the 1066 over at Club Rotel.
          greg (gd to you)
          Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
          production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

I just noticed the 1066 (thanks gd ) are you buying used equipment from private sellers then? That makes picking one a fair bit more difficult... Though both companies make fine equipment so you can't really go wrong with either... As to which you'd prefer well that's damn near impossible to answer.

If it is private sale you could always purchase both and re-sell whichever you liked the least though you run the risk of losing a bit of money (hopefully not much ) Then again you could end up making money if you're able to sell one for more :lol:

Jason
            Jason

Comment

• ricardolowndes
              • Jun 2004

Rotel is new..
              only the Adcom power would be used ..

i guess ill do the possible to listen to both.

I read somewhere that , Adcom had a hard high end sound... less warm..

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

How much of a discount are you getting on the 1066? Its last years model and the newer 1068 that replaced it has a lot more features that really set it apart from the older unit. That's not to say the 1066 isn't a fine processor as it is and yes it should sound warmer then the Adcom. Both are well respected names in the industry though so you can't really go wrong one way or the other...but i must point out with the Rotel you'd have access to our Club Rotel as a resource to get the most out of that unit :T

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Yes, the 1066 couldn't be "new" as it's an old model and if the dealer doesn't have one on hand I don't know where he'd get one new...? The 1068 would be a better choice unless you're getting a very DEEP discount on the 1066 and full warranty in which case those things might also make it a better value than the Adcom gear. Plus as Andrew mentioned, the wonderful Club Rotel :B

Tooting our own horns, :lol:

Jason
                  Jason

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"