X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i_amadeo
    • May 2005

i need money

dont we all

i fell totaly in love with the Keff referance 207 but those are about 9 thousand dollars here ...

so ill go with the 205 wich are half the price but at least thats dooable

then theres the 1098 from what i here from your threads its heavanly

to go with my 1095 :T

i know most of you have had the same problem one time or all time of your lives you want some gear so badly you cant sleep and your thinking of ways to accumulate the money to buy your dream gear soo you think mabee if i stash away 500 a month i probably could get it in 3 months ...

so tell me whats the easiest way you got your gear .......without having to wait .....Loan from a bank ......selling your kidney .....what GOD damn it ..what
    come into the light
  • i_amadeo
    • May 2005

ok ok
    Last edited by i_amadeo; 10 May 2005, 12:07 Tuesday.
    come into the light

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

If there is a sugardaddy here...get in line I was here first

Comment

• i_amadeo
        • May 2005

oh that was cold...
        a little below the belt
        wouldnt you say
        come into the light

Comment

• i_amadeo
          • May 2005

sugerdaddy hahahahahhhaaaahhhaahhhhhhaaa
          come into the light

Comment

• i_amadeo
            • May 2005

any way i know you sold your gear lately andrew didnt you.......... you had some financial dificulties so you my sugerdaddy know exactly how i feel any way.....your not bill gates your not even bill window for crieng out loud if i get 20000 ill give you half dont be such a cry baby
            come into the light

Comment

• i_amadeo
              • May 2005

your picture actulay looks like a sugermommy....
              come into the light

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

any way i know you sold your gear lately andrew didnt you.......... you had some financial dificulties
                Hang around awhile and you'll find I'm always selling gear Its just a revolving door to try out new toys and occasionally upgrade in the process.

Comment

• i_amadeo
                  • May 2005

your so lucky you must be out of this world with no financial problems a millionaire of some kind any way all the best to you ,,, but the rest of us ordinary people have life to deal with,,,
                  come into the light

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Hardly.Financially speaking I'd bet I'm in the bottom 5% of the members on this board...I just buy used gear so that its resale value is the same when I go to sell it later on so I typically only end up paying shipping on the items I'm swapping. I also have friends local to me that we swap gear around between us and for speakers I build them since I can't afford the one's I covet

Comment

• Taito
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by i_amadeo
                      your picture actulay looks like a sugermommy....
                      I obviously don't know the same women you know, or any with beards for that matter... to each his own, I guess.

Lighten up and enjoy. This forum can be a great source of information and also good fun. Andrew's just being friendly. Give him a break!
                      Last edited by Taito; 09 May 2005, 12:06 Monday. Reason: typo

Comment

• i_amadeo
                        • May 2005

thats the diffence i would never nor will i ever get used gear ............the best part of getting new gear is getting new gear ....carrieng that piece of equipment out of your car .....just felt like a million bucks when the guy was carieng those new speakers or new receiver and you feel like every body is thinkeing what a lucky bastard and cant wait to get home to plug it in your existing equipment and listen to the sound so divine......
                        the first opening of the box with the beughty inside ....my god what a wonderful smell...you get down on your knees open the box pooof the smell hits you head onthe smell of tight oiled virgin gear ....you tear the plastic off .........uncovering it ......carry it to its final resting place ...you have a feeling that the rest of your equipment is welcoming the new guy and making him feel right at home ... plug it in ....and the rest is history ....

you are missing alot
                        come into the light

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

you are missing alot
                          Oh I wouldn't say that at all...and really in my current rack there's only two used items, ones a classic power amp and the other's the DVD jukebox that came in the original box and was in as new condition...just it didn't cost retail

Comment

• bimmer528
                            • Sep 2004

i think u lied when you clicked "over 13" when you registered

Comment

• i_amadeo
                              • May 2005

i will not justify that with a responce
                              come into the light

Comment

• mikeyc
                                • Sep 2004

I_amadeo, I thought I was a sick puppy, but you need help...

thats the diffence i would never nor will i ever get used gear ............the best part of getting new gear is getting new gear ....carrieng that piece of equipment out of your car .....just felt like a million bucks when the guy was carieng those new speakers or new receiver and you feel like every body is thinkeing what a lucky bastard and cant wait to get home to plug it in your existing equipment and listen to the sound so divine......
                                the first opening of the box with the beughty inside ....my god what a wonderful smell...you get down on your knees open the box pooof the smell hits you head onthe smell of tight oiled virgin gear ....you tear the plastic off .........uncovering it ......carry it to its final resting place ...you have a feeling that the rest of your equipment is welcoming the new guy and making him feel right at home ... plug it in ....and the rest is history ....

you are missing alot

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                  • May 2005

:?? :?? :?? :?? :?? :?? :?? :?? :?? :?? :?? :??
                                  come into the light

Comment

• Elvis
                                    • Jan 2005

To me the best part of getting any gear is getting a quality unit at a bargain price,new,used whatever.I have bought used units less than 6 months old,with all original packaging that looked(and smelled)lol brand new,for less than half msrp.I get a much bigger kick outa that than 10% off.That said most of my gear is new,3 rooms,all for different use but I'll proudly buy used quality gear when the price is right.As Andrew said,you can buy it/try it/keep it /sell it and lose little,maybe break even and learn alot.

Comment

• Andy_Steb
                                      • Aug 2004

thats the diffence i would never nor will i ever get used gear ...........
                                      you are missing alot
                                      i am screwed ......i checked all the wiring and every thing is fine i think i am going to commit murder ...(this was out of a box and the sales man swore that it was in perfect condition ) it may be is i dont now but i checked all the wiring and everything looks ok
                                      If your 1095 was out of the box then you bought used gear.

I do agree with Tiato, you need to lighten up a little bit. And what's up with all the "sugerdaddy" and "sanchez" posts.

Comment

• rdram
                                        • Mar 2005

Thats ok. He kisses his 1095 and wants JBL's to have his babies.

But....I kinda have to agree just a little teeny tiny bit. It is kinda cool bringing home a new box, slicing down the middle, unwrapping the plastic. Its all part of the fun. But so is gettin' a great deal on something used. So everybodies right!

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                          • May 2005

i dont believe in violance ..... but toshey you are right my 1095 was out of the box you are a smart fellow but it was out of a box in a high end hifi dealer ...no middle class bull shit it is like walking in gucci or versace outlets and buying desighner clothes on the rough....you get what i mean when i walk out of the store with this gigantual beast and every body is looking at this lucky ass walking with his brand new gear ....thats a lovely feeling you cant deny it ....
                                          come into the light

Comment

• booktrunk
                                            • Aug 2004

I'm sorry... but your last post no middle class b*shit etc...

We are talking a 1095... You know nothing special just a5 channel power amp, it's good but not that good... It's not HIGH end (price wise) even if it is a very good amplifier. Hell there are lots of hi-fi shops that wouldn't have anything so cheap lying around in their second hand section..

Just chill out, also just because you buy second hand you dont miss out on the feeling... You sit in front of the box and have to open it just the same. The excitement, hell last time I got a second hand 1075 I knew that I had a mint condition amplifier that after 2 seconds on the shelf would look no differnt to a brand new unit and in fact had kindly been run in for me, oh and i'd only played 60% of the RRP for it

Anyway... If you want to talk high end power amplifiers...

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/pr...tail.asp?id=38 <--- I would not mind 5 of these intead of one 1095

Steff
                                            "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                              • May 2005

oh ....my ...god.......blasphemey :frypan: :blowup:
                                              rmb is high end
                                              ....i am chill ...any way you wont have a 1095 lying in your Panasonic sony tecnics ..radio shak ....youl have it with other top end gear and that is were my rmb was you should have seen it lying in the middle of the room with all lights dim exept a back light shining it to heaven .....kiss my hand and all is forgiven
                                              come into the light

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Aug 2000

Play nice guys.

Comment

• will1066
                                                  • Aug 2003

I love it when Andrew puts his foot down. It ain't pretty!

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"