X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sithlord10
    • Apr 2003

Best Sounding dvd on 1098

Well after owning the 1098 for over a week now I'm in awe of it. Now to the important business. All you 1098 owners out there, whats the best sounding dvd from your collection?. For me it's a tie with LOTR FOTR and Daredevil (Both Region 1). I thought it might be The Two Towers but it didn't have the dynamic range like the first one, not say it didn't sound fantastic. The 90 year old lady that lives next to me keeps coming out with her metal garbage bin on her head whenever I play the Battle at Helms Deep. Geez and I thought I was a fan :LOL:
  • cofn
    • Dec 2002

Well I definately second Daredevil. It sounded likle an entirerly different movie on the 1098 compared to the 1066. Hell it had way more definition that the theaters. I also found thet Blade 2 sounded incredibly different. I have not had a chance to sit through the whole movie yet, but the main actin scenes, especially the club fight scene sounded amazing. When the Uber-vamps were atacking the truck outside in the rain it sounded so real it was creeping out my wife. Now she swears whe will not watch any horror movies on the new system. Damn you Rotel!!!! :LOL:

Comment

• lcajiga
      • Aug 2003

First at all let me tell you that I'm a videophile more than audiophile and have seen several movies and ouwn more than 250 classics. I also may assure you that everyone I have view and listen through the 1098 sounds better than previous systems. There are some movies that I use to demo friends my system because they sound so great. These are:

1. Pearl Harbor -great battle sequences and sounds. Nice plane movements from all speakers.
      2. LOTR-FOTR and TTT (The Two Towers) - they did a great mixing in both of them, specially the battle of deep helm.
      3. Saving Private Ryan (DTS verion) - nothing else is close to real battle than the first half our of the movie.
      4. We were soldiers - jump to the chapter names "broken Arrow" if you want to test your surround speakers, specially if you have 7.1
      5. Daredevil - great ovarall sound effects and score.
      6. Patriot (Superbit version) - great great great
      7. Matrix - great sound effect.
      8. Elton John Live in Concert - excellent to demo sound. It is 16:9 format and 5.1 sound. Even though is recorded live, I think they did a great job recording the music.

Regards,
      Luis

Regards,
      Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
      Regards,
      Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• Sithlord10
        • Apr 2003

Well this is a very piss poor response from all you 1098 owners out there. I thought I would start a positive thread instead of the usual problem solving posts. I wonder why we spend most of our hard earned money and time on this hobby just to point out it's negatives. Come on lets start enjoying the fruits of our labour.

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Well, I dont have a 1098 and unfortunately it is out of my price range right now. I will probably buy an external power amp in the next year (1075 or 1095) in hopes to one day upgrade, but I have to get 5 years out of my 1055 in order to get ROI for me.

If you open it up to more than just 1098, I recently watched 'The Hunted' and was very pleased w/ its surround sound.

on another note, Madden 2004 for XBOX has people looking around all the time now thinking theres weird noises in the other room. I get a lot of satisfaction out of that.
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• skipm
            • Jun 2003

Just finished watching it, "The Transporter". What a great movie!

-Skip

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"