X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xavierzx11
    • Aug 2003

Need help with a few 1098 issues

I have had my 1098 for about 3 weeks now. I have 3 issues I can not fix myself.

1) My rear speakers will not play now. They played when I first set up the processor, now the 1098 shows that it is in DD +XS, but nothing comes form the back channels. Everything is setup right in the 1098 and my amp is connected.

2) I get "poping" from my speakers while watching a DVD movie (also with Tivo). I happens once or twice an hour (more so with Tivo).

3) My OSD is does not display correct (on my TV) when a progressive picture is on the screen.

Any help with is would be great. Thanks

Paul

"Everyone has to have a hobby!"
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

1) My rear speakers will not play now. They played when I first set up the processor, now the 1098 shows that it is in DD +XS, but nothing comes form the back channels. Everything is setup right in the 1098 and my amp is connected.
    Do you get any sound when playing the test tones for the rear channels?

2) I get "poping" from my speakers while watching a DVD movie (also with Tivo). I happens once or twice an hour (more so with Tivo).
    Hmm I can understand why you might get that when changing devices or something but I'm not sure why during a movie...sounds like a static build up that's discharging. How well is your system grounded?

3) My OSD is does not display correct (on my TV) when a progressive picture is on the screen.
    Sorry I don't have a progressive display yet to test this with my 1098...hopefully next week that will change.

Comment

• xavierzx11
      • Aug 2003

Andrew,

The test tones play fine to my back channels. As for grounded, I don't know what you mean.

Paul

Comment

• xavierzx11
        • Aug 2003

Is there a way to reset the processor?

Comment

• rlin
          • Aug 2003

Try turn the MAIN POWER switch located in the back of the machine off and then back on.

My 1098 is VERY VERY sensitive to surges and statics...even a little pop in the power outlet from other components sometimes throws my 1098 into a state of confusion - no sounds from ANY channels even though it is on. The only way out of it is actually turn the pre-amp off using the hard switch in the back of the 1098 and then back on again and then everything back to normal.

Rob

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

On question3: Did you set "progressive" to "yes" in the display settings?

Seems a good power line filter is a good additional requirement for the 1098. I use an APC Line-R, which is not expensive and works wonderfully well. I have my cd player, dvd player and 1098 connected on it. Don't connect power amps to line filters though, usually its not a good idea since power amps need juice quickly and the filters prohibit that.

Comment

• CSMAB
              • Aug 2003

I had the same problem with my 1098 not playing any surround information in the center rears. It would receive test tones and play music in 7 channels but when it came to movies --- nothing. I contacted Rotel and they indicated several people were complaining of the same problem. They said they would send a software upgrade to fix the problem. My dealer completed the upgrade but it did not resolve the problem. I'm waiting to hear back from Rotel. You should contact Rotel.

Comment

• xavierzx11
                • Aug 2003

I think I have the rear channel issue fixed. I tried powering it off from the back with no luck. But then I reset the 1098 to FACTORY DEFAULT, and set the processor back up. I know that's a pain but it worked. Try that and see if it works for you.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"