Looking for pre/pro with 3 output zones. Does Rotel offer this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpolmann
    • Dec 2004

Looking for pre/pro with 3 output zones. Does Rotel offer this?

I have a Yamaha RXV2400 receiver for 7.1 HT plus stereo on zone 2 and on zone 3. I use Rotel amps for left, right, center of HT and use the Yamaha to power surround and back channels (all 7 channels are B&W spkrs). I have Rotel amps for zones 2 and 3 located elsewhere in the house. I am having some trouble with Yamaha failing. :cry: It's in the shop for second time. :evil: I am looking for a Rotel pre/pro product that offers 7.1 HT plus zone 2 and zone 3 stereo outs. Does Rotel offer such a product? If not, can folks suggest an alternative to the Yamaha? Thanks much.
    Don
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Do you need volume control on zone 3? Or can you deal with adding a RCA level volume control in-line on zone 3?

All the new Rotel pre-amp/receivers have zone 2 outputs (which can be outputted fixed or with volume control), plus they have a separate REC OUT zone that can be different then zone's 1 & 2 (albeit it only outputs full volume on the RCA's)..

Kevin D.

Comment

• dpolmann
      • Dec 2004

zone 3 ok as either fixed or variable

Thanks for the reply. Right now I have zone 2 and zone 3 going out separately from the Yammy each with its own volume control into separate Rotel power amps for remote locations inside the house. I am also using rec-out going to another pre-amp as line input to run garage workshop/patio zone. This zone on rec-out line has same source as zone 2 inside the house. This works ok. So, if Rotel has main zone (theater) plus zone 2 plus rec-out that can be sourced separately, then effectively it can run 3 zones each independently sourced. If the 3rd zone is a rec-out, then it will run as line-in to a pre-amp or separate integrated amp. This is not a problem, as I have several other components left over from upgrades that I can use for "zone 3". I presume I can run another set of RCA cables from rec-out connections to the garage/patio set up. 8) I will check the user manuals on RSP1068 to see if I find confirmation of this scenario. Thanks again for your reply.
      Don

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Right.. There's actually 4 REC out loops. VIDEO 1-3 and TAPE. The only issues you might run into is that you can't listen to the same source that the loop out is on.. IE: If the DVD is on VIDEO 1 and you are using VIDEO 1 REC OUT to run the garage, you will never be able to listen to DVD in the garage.

So you could either choose a REC OUT thats input you will never listen to in any zone (most likely TAPE OUT), and split that to both receivers. Or you could utilize two of the REC OUT loops and figure out what you wouldn't want where...

Plenty of options, checking the maual is probably a good idea..

Kevin D.

Comment

• dpolmann
          • Dec 2004

976, 1066, 1068, 1098 ?

Originally posted by Kevin D
          All the new Rotel pre-amp/receivers have zone 2 outputs (which can be outputted fixed or with volume control), plus they have a separate REC OUT zone that can be different then zone's 1 & 2
          Can you tell me if this feature [separate source for REC OUT different from zones 1 & 2] is included on the RSP 976, the 1066, or only on the new 1068/1098 ? Thanks.
          Don

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

I'm pretty sure that both those models support it, but I would really try to stick with the new ones and their improvements they bring.

Kevin D.

Comment

• dpolmann
              • Dec 2004

Thanks!

I appreciate your comments. Thanks very much.
              Don

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"