X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseki
    • Sep 2003

About to join the club - please help me pull the trigger

I have spent weeks researching the separates world and have concluded that Rotel is going to give me the best bang for the buck. Now I have to buy. The problem is that I only have one dealer in my area and he is reluctant to offer much of a discount. In fact, he is charging more than MSRP for the 1098!

So this is my ideal setup: 1098/1095. However, I would probably also be happy with the 1066/1095 if the former price was too great.

What I need from y'all is an idea of good street prices for these 3 components. And if someone says $2400 for the 1098, can you please pm or email me with the dealer name? I am perfectly willing to travel almost anywhere in the eastern US for a good deal. (Travel costs are not a factor as they are picked up by someone else.)

Thank you very much for your help!

David
  • teekster
    • Jul 2003

I have the combo you mention. More than MSRP? These units are not so difficult to find that one could get away with that. Find another dealer.

As far as Rotel goes, I was introduced to the line 2 years ago . I bought a Denon 4800 and a Rotel RSP-976/RMB 1095 combo. The Rotel stuff looked more cool so I set it up first. It was so good that I never even bothered to hook up the Denon.

Good luck finding a dealer. I'm sure someone on this forum could point you in the right direction. If you find yourself in Minnesota, try Stereoland.

Comment

• dave
      • Aug 2003

I may be wrong, I thought I saw Listings for rotel Dealers right on thier Website. What ever choice you make for the preamp, your on the right track and as far as the amp goes I will say this you wont be sorry... Regards Dave. Rotel Website- WWW. ROTEL.COM
      Dave...

Comment

• dave
        • Aug 2003

Sorry Double Post
        Dave...

Comment

• Legairre
          • Jan 2002

I don't know about the 1098, but got my 1066 for $1250 & my 1095 for $1700. My dealer discounts about %15.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
          Radden Home Theater
          "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
          Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

The only dealer that show's up for your Area code is

Name: AUDIO ADVICE
            Address: 8621-117 GLENWOOD AVE.
            RALEIGH , NC
            USA
            Phone: 919 881-2005
            Web Site: http://www.audioadvice.com

Maybe try some other semi local area code's and see what other dealers are around. You'll find the dealer locator here

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"