US firmware on European RSX1055

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • audunth
    Member
    • Sep 2003
    • 35

    #1

    US firmware on European RSX1055

    Hi!

    On the European Rotel website, you have to send an email with the serial number in order to get the update files, whereas on the US website they're available for direct download.

    Can I just use the US files, even though my RSX1055 is bought in Europe? Since the European model lets me choose "N. America" for the tuner layout, it would be strange to me if they have different firmwares.

    Could I harm anything by trying? Anyone tried it before?


    -Audun
    Regards,
    Audun
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2002
    • 121

    #2
    On the Rotel website you van choose voor Global en America. When choosing global you come on the Europian rotel website and you will also find there the updates on the RSP1066/RSX0155.

    Strangely the updates for the RSX-1065 are not on the Global site, but can only be found on the American site. Don't know why.

    I think there is no difference between them, because in the past I flashed firmware on my 1065 that was send to me from Canada/America.

    Comment

    • audunth
      Member
      • Sep 2003
      • 35

      #3
      This is the only software page I can find on the European/Global website. It just states that you have to email them with the serial number in order to get the update files. Which means I'll have to disconnect the whole thing and pull it out of the cabinet to locate the serial number and then wait for them to send me the files (which can take a long time - the last email I sent to Rotel Europe took almost a month to be answered), which is somewhat of a hassle to me when I can just go to the US site to download them directly.

      I'll probably just try to use the US files anyway, I would just feel more at ease knowing someone out there successfully flashed an European RSX1055 with a US update file


      -Audun
      Regards,
      Audun

      Comment

      • audunth
        Member
        • Sep 2003
        • 35

        #4
        I just got this from Rotel:
        The software is the same regardless of region, the software download page will be available on the European site in the near future. In the meantime you can download from the US site.



        -Audun
        Regards,
        Audun

        Comment

        • Arnold van Oostrum
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2002
          • 121

          #5
          Take a look here: http://europe.rotel.com/support/techups/hometheater-index.htm for the RSX1055 software.

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          • Raptor
            Global Tech Update
            by Raptor
            Calling Aussie Geoff, Andrew, & other Experienced Rotel Upgraders!

            For those who are:

            1. Upgrading or who have upgraded their RSP-1068, RSX-1056, RSX-1067 with the recent Technical Update; and
            2. Downloaded from the "Global" region Rotel website,...
            07 April 2005, 22:42 Thursday
          • Al K
            RSX1055 7.1 surround (Phew!)
            by Al K
            I have an older RSX1055 with original version of firmware. Recently hooked up two CB speakers and utilized the redirect feature in the on display menu. Initially the RSX1055 would reset the redirect back to front speakers. :cry: I called Rotel and was told to update the firmware. :roll: Then I called...
            14 February 2004, 10:47 Saturday
          • Tom Caines
            Rotel Updates Website ~ 10 Series are Archived
            by Tom Caines
            It appears that the 10 Series are no longer on Rotel's website under the Products categories and are now in the Archive section. However, I do not see the RSX-1058 even in the archives under either Home Theater or Receivers. RSX-1058 info can be found by using the Search Rotel feature.
            10 Series...
            28 August 2009, 11:57 Friday
          • Chris D
            New addition to Parasound website: Crestron control for Z-series
            by Chris D
            I periodically monitor the Parasound website, and today noticed that they now have Crestron control information posted as PDF files for the Zpre2 and the Zhd.

            Worthwhile for those who use Crestron control. (or an RS-232 control like it)
            09 May 2006, 21:22 Tuesday
          • servo01
            RDV 1060 European Model
            by servo01
            Hello @ All,

            Although quite happy with the RDV 1060 the european model in my opinion has a very big disadvantage !

            Watching DVDs purely PAL Progressiv the european model has a very weird procedure to switch on the PAL Progressiv mode :

            First you have to switch...
            26 January 2004, 03:30 Monday
          • Loading...
          • No more items.
          Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"