X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeyc
    • Sep 2004

1066 Vs 1068

I just bought a 1075 amp and now need a mate for it. I can get a good deal on a 1066 but don't want to miss out on the improvements that the might 1068 provide. I'll be using it mostly for HT and will connect my DVD player directly to my projector with a HDMI cable. So the pre/pro will be basically used for audio. Has Rotel improved the audio side of the 1068 significantly? Although hard to find, I've located a used 1066 that is about $300 cheaper than a used 1068, is it worth the diff and which would you get?
  • bimmer528
    • Sep 2004

for 300, i would go with the 1068. Its something you will probally regret if you get the 1066.

I would check the manuals for both to compare. Look at the spec's. You can view them @ rotel site.

I have the 1066 and love it but I do realize its time to uprade so for an extra 300, I would not hesitate on the newer model.

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

I had the 1066 and the 1068 ... have to say the 1068 is quite a bit better ... toroid t/former, better processor, more memory, better menus, more functionality in term,s of settings blah blah blah, but most importantly to me it has a much quieter background - and PLxII if you have 7.1.

No brainer in my view - its like saying should I get a Pentium II with 256MB ram or should I get a Pentium Xeon with 1mb ram ... the PII will work fine but the Xeon will be better ...

Unfortunately the progress on these things is staggering and at the pace of CPU development.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Audio: The A/D converters in the newer RSP-1068 are 24-bit/96kHz compared to 20/48 in the RSP-1066; the new DSP chip is a 32-bit Cirrus Logic CS49400, replacing the 24-bit CS49326 (a big increase in processing capability); and the new DACs are 24/192, not 24/96.

Video: the RSP-1068 has 100MHz bandwidth component-video switching, which is high enough for HDTV, and it has the ability to convert composite and S-video signals to component video.

Quoted from: http://ultimateavmag.com/surroundsou...sors/704rotel/
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Radec
          • Jan 2005

I'd have to agree with everyone else especially since you said it will be primairly for HT. 100MHZ bandwith, 7.1 PL2x, Svideo conversion to component....too many good upgrades there to pass on only 300 bucks.

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

The 1068 certainly gets my vote for only $300.00 more.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• mikeyc
              • Sep 2004

Thanks guys, you certainly put forth a convincing argument for the 1068. MJB, That UtimateAV article was great too. So this is a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"