X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vphan13
    • Sep 2003

1098 Ethernet Port?

I just started looking at this piece as a possible replacement for my aging receiver. I saw the specs on the Rotel page, I am wondering if that is an Ethernet port on the back of this unit. If so, what is the purpose? Firmware upgrades? MP3 playback from your PC?(That would be sweet to see winamp visuals on the TFT) Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I narrowed down my choices to the Anthem AVM20(suprise) and this unit.
  • Trevor_J
    • Oct 2002

Actually, it's an RS-232 port that uses an RJ-45 connector for the interface. The port is used for firmware updates and could also be used for controlling the processor.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

There's also talk of a new Rotel device coming out that will allow users to connect their Rotel gear together via these ports and be able to interface with them via a web browser screen via a LAN. I'm not sure when we'll see that device but it sounds very cool:yesnod:

Comment

• audunth
        • Sep 2003

If one has the right programming skills, I don't think very hard to make a web browser interface which sends the right RS232 commands to the receiver/preamp. I have a friend who does stuff like that, and if I get him to make a web interface for Rotel, I'll surely post it here.

But this is a big IF (busy guy), so don't be too disappointed if I don't get it done...

-Audun
        Regards,
        Audun

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"