rotel rsp-985 and subwoofer, please help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sickmint79
    • Mar 2004

rotel rsp-985 and subwoofer, please help!

hey all, i have set my system to as follows:
    main: large
    center: large
    surround: small/thx
    subwoofer: yes/thx

i have compression off, dolby as auto/on - i put in spiderman 2 and have the system in dolby digital in thx mode. i put the s/w limiter setting at 0db. i get no noise from the sub during intro playback or when i choose scene selection which has some car crash transition screen. no noise whatsoever. any ideas ?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

With modern units you should at least have the .1 signal going out with that config, but I'm not sure how the 985 works in that regard. Try setting the center and fronts to small and see if you get all the bass information.

Kevin D.

Comment

• sickmint79
      • Mar 2004

when i set the s/w limit there is definately output going to the sub. however with dvd or the avia dvd guide i am getting nothing from the sub. i didn't try setting the fronts to small yet but i should get sub information regardless correct? i would prefer to have them set to large for movies and music

Comment

• sickmint79
        • Mar 2004

appears it was actually some multi channel setting being wrong on my denon dvd-2900. thanks though!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"