X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KAP
    • Jan 2005

Rotel 1067 SACD & DVD-A problem

Hi Guys, I just bought a few SACD's and DVD-A's to see how they sound through the Rotel. They sound good!!! I'm running 5.1. For some reason no sound comes from the back right speaker.

The connections all appear to be properly made. The back right speaker does produce sound via 5 channel stereo with a regular CD. The DVD player that I have is a Denon 2910.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
  • Scherr
    • Dec 2003

I would check two things. First, check the cable running from the DVD player to the external right rear input to make sure it is secure. If that is not the problem, replace that cable with another one as you may have a bad cable.

If those two things don't work, your DVD player could be the culprit.

Scott

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

Are you running five or seven channels? I think that the seven channel setup does not work with DVD-A or SACD.

Comment

• KAP
        • Jan 2005

Shadow........I'm running 5 channels.

Scherr........good idea regarding the cable check. I unhooked and rehooked the cables last night to verify a secure connection. The back right channel is still not producing sound.

This evening I'll swap the left rear cable (that does produce sound) with the right cable to determine if the cable is bad.

If I then find that the cable is OK, how do I determine if the culprit is the Denon 2910 or the Rotel? :huh:

Comment

• rdram
          • Mar 2005

I don't have a 1067, but it would seem the easiest way to determine whats going on would be to switch cables at the processor. If you have sound to your left rear, put that cable into the right rear input of the 1067, visa versa with the left cable to right rear input. If the silence migrates to the left channel, theres an issue with the Denon. If it stays in the right channel, the Rotels at fault. You could also do this front to back just to verify.

Rich

Comment

• KAP
            • Jan 2005

Rich.........great thinking!!! That IS the way to check. Thank You. I'll let you all know the outcome tomorrow. :T

Comment

• KAP
              • Jan 2005

The Denon must be the problem. I switched the left and right surround cables going into the Rotel which caused the left speaker to be silenced while the right made sound!!!!

Comment

• Alex Goulart
                • Mar 2005

Kap, also try unpluging power from the denon. Hook it back up and check the dvd audio menu ans well as the rotel menu for correct setup. Also I have a 1067 as well and I have allot of noise coming from the front and rear speakers. Do you have that problem with yours.

Comment

• KAP
                  • Jan 2005

Alex, yes I have a constant "hisss" through all my speakers. I don't notice it at normal listening volumes.

I have tried unplugging the Denon and disconnecting and re-connecting the cables. The on screen setup doesn't seem to provide an ability to "turn off" a speaker during SACD playback, so I'm fairly sure the Denon is the problem.

I notified my dealer. He was going to look into it an call me back. He said he'll just give me a new Denon. So that should solve my problem. Unfortuntately, I no longer work in that area, so it is rather far away!!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"